FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft-747/)
-   -   Uber take 24 days to change my phone number... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft/1805876-uber-take-24-days-change-my-phone-number.html)

travelforloveandfun Dec 1, 2016 3:30 am

Uber take 24 days to change my phone number...

Since last month, Uber don't allow user to change their phone number,
I have to send a request to them to change my phone number since I was travel in Thailand,
No one reply after 7 days, then I have to ask them to do that though FB and twitter, they told me they won't help me out.
And after another 17 days, them finally changed my number, but I am already back home.
I think them don't want serve Frequent Traveler any more.

And I think I have to wait another 24 days to change phone number back so I can use it in my own country again...

moondog Dec 1, 2016 7:48 am

Why not simply create a new account?

obscure2k Dec 1, 2016 8:02 am

Please continue to follow this thread in the Car Rental and Ride Services Forum
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Often1 Dec 1, 2016 8:15 am

Your profile does not list your location. What is your "own" country?

Generally, all you would need to do is make the change, including the country code in the app, wait for the SMS verification text to arrive under the new number, verify and the new number should be active.

However, between certain high-fraud locations there may be additional verification required. The Uber app has specific instructions to follow in case the above does not work.

mad_rich Dec 2, 2016 4:45 am

I've just discovered this problem. Used three different SIM cards with no problem when I wss traveling in Asia.

On the way to the US now, and need to change numbers, but the option is greyed out. Assumed our was something to do with the new app, which had just updated for me this week.

Followed the instructions on the app, and submitted my new number which had gone into a chart message. A bit annoyed they hadn't responded within 24 minutes. 24 days would be rather inconvenient!

travelforloveandfun Feb 26, 2017 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by moondog (Post 27550911)
Why not simply create a new account?

Create a new account is violate Uber policy and give Uber a reason to ban all your accounts include the old ones.

yosithezet Feb 28, 2017 11:39 am

I had this exact issue yesterday. Took two emails and about 30 min to resolve

HKU Jun 1, 2017 6:58 pm

How did you solve this issue? I'm having extreme difficulties in updating my phone number. I travel every week (and for a few months was crossing land borders multiple times a day across Hong Kong).

I've (begrudgingly) accepted that Uber can no longer change phone numbers within a reasonable time frame (i.e. a few seconds for border crossings), so plan to change my phone number on Uber to a Skype number which can redirect to local numbers.

I've reached out to Uber support via the app, twitter, Facebook and email, and after one week have received the following responses:

- "You're case has been forwarded to the respective team and we will get back to you shortly" (then no response)
- Blank responses
- "There was an issue because you're updating your number to a Hong Kong number. Uber doesn't operate in China" (Incorrect: Uber operates in Hong Kong)
- "Create a new account" (despite this being against the terms of service)
- "We can't update your number due to technical reasons"

Has anyone been able to update their Uber phone number recently? Absolutely maddening!! Been 8 days already with no solution in sight!