Uber: Two Free Rides From Airport (up to $65 each)

Old Nov 16, 16, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Uber: Two Free Rides From Airport (up to $65 each)

New Uber promo, code AMEXAIRPORT. Two free rides from the airport (up to $65 each) at an array of airports (list below). Good through 12/31, must pay with Amex. Valid for existing customers.

https://www.uber.com/promo/american-...rt-rides-2016/

✈ Participating airports

LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
Old Nov 17, 16, 7:27 pm

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Found it a little odd that BOS is on this list as UberX remains banned from picking up at terminals unless an UberX driver happens to have a livery plate, resulting in long waits for pickups there. Does Uber really want to make the wait times for a ride out of there even worse than they are now?

FWIW, there is currently a workaround for the ridesharing restrictions involving taking the Massport shuttle bus to the rental car center or the Blue Line station, though its not clear whether this promotion would apply to such pickups. The terms simply state "you must enter the airport name in the pick-up location in the Uber app when requesting your rides," which leaves ambiguity as to whether a non-terminal location on airport property would be fair game...
Old Nov 17, 16, 9:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, UA Gold MM, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lonelycrowd View Post
Found it a little odd that BOS is on this list as UberX remains banned from picking up at terminals unless an UberX driver happens to have a livery plate, resulting in long waits for pickups there. Does Uber really want to make the wait times for a ride out of there even worse than they are now?

FWIW, there is currently a workaround for the ridesharing restrictions involving taking the Massport shuttle bus to the rental car center or the Blue Line station, though its not clear whether this promotion would apply to such pickups. The terms simply state "you must enter the airport name in the pick-up location in the Uber app when requesting your rides," which leaves ambiguity as to whether a non-terminal location on airport property would be fair game...
What if you entered the airport as pickup location but called the driver and told them your real location? Would the promo check that the ride actually started from the airport.....how would they even do that?
Old Nov 17, 16, 11:40 pm

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...rt-rides-amex/

I found this one, thanks for sharing this info, this one also says as you posted

LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
McCarran International Airport (LAS)
George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)

Code is valid in these Airports
Old Nov 17, 16, 11:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by lonelycrowd View Post

But there's nothing in this promo that says you have to call an UberX...

I've rarely had a long wait to call an Uber Black at BOS. $65 credit will get you to Brookline, Arlington, Medford, etc...
Old Nov 18, 16, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JY1024 View Post
But there's nothing in this promo that says you have to call an UberX...

I've rarely had a long wait to call an Uber Black at BOS. $65 credit will get you to Brookline, Arlington, Medford, etc...
Exactly.
Old Nov 18, 16, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA, CM
AMEX Corporate Card?

Would this promo work if I had a corporate AMEX or is personal cards only?
Old Nov 19, 16, 2:52 am
Suspended

This is probably the best UBER offer I've ever seen.
Old Nov 24, 16, 9:45 am
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond
Promo code was NOT applied to my ride, despite meeting all the conditions.

Has taken half a dozen emails to Uber "support" (they've really gone downhill in the support department) to get an acknowledgment that it should have been and that a refund of the fare paid will be applied to my Amex account "in several days" (how come companies can charge my card instantly, but not refund instantly?).
Old Nov 24, 16, 3:04 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
I'd comment on Uber's customer service, but I think I've ranted about them enough here already.

In the event that this happens to me, and they don't refund me, forcing me to dispute the charge, will they ban me? (Uber from my local airport is UberBlack only, and I'd never take Uber *from* the airport without this promo)
Old Nov 26, 16, 6:20 pm
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond
The refund finally appeared in my Amex account.
Old Nov 26, 16, 6:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Plat/HY-Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/Gold for Life
My (cheap) trip worked fine:
Attached Images  
Old Nov 28, 16, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Worked fine for me, LGA to my apartment in Manhattan yesterday. I usually take UberX, but took Black, since the price to me was the same ($0).
Old Nov 28, 16, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, B6, DL, WN
Used it tonight from JFK to my home in SW Brooklyn, think I got the car quicker than if I had taken a yellow cab from the taxi line, and the promo zeroed out what would have been a $52 ride!
Old Nov 29, 16, 2:50 am

At BOS after midnight, I tried 4 Amex cards and got card declined messages. I called Amex and Amex confirmed that Amex authorized all transactions and the problem was on Uber. After 30 minutes I took a cab.

Search this Thread