Uber: Two Free Rides From Airport (up to $65 each)

Old Nov 30, 16, 7:00 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Worked great flying into JFK on Thanksgiving - got a free ride to Midtown!!
Old Dec 2, 16, 2:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, M/SPG Plat Prem, National Exec Elite, mlife platinum
Data point: I followed all the instructions and attempted to use this for a $64.51 ride from IAD on 11/26. Nothing was zeroed out, I was charged. I wrote in, and got this response:

Thanks for reaching out to Uber Support.

Sorry to hear about your issue. Enrollment for this promotion was limited, and we unfortunately have reached the maximum allowed enrollment at this time.

We appreciate you taking the time to get in touch. Remember that you are important for us and our duty is to support all your concerns and requests. A client like you truly deserves the best of customer service, so if you need further assistance, we are just one email away and we are always here to support you.
Wishing you Great health and Good day ahead! Thank you.
I asked to escalate to a supervisor, saying something like sure, your terms include the mysterious words "Enrollment limited" in them, but you didn't do anything to notify me that you'd reached your "maximum" until after I took a $64 trip I wouldn't have taken otherwise.

Even more bizarrely, I then got this message:

As per your concern, We reviewed your account and found that there is no such promo in your account. In addition, We've gone ahead and retroactively applied a promotion for this trip as one time courtesy. You've been sent an updated receipt.

As a reminder, you can check the active promotions on your account at any time. To view your active promotions, tap the account menu and then promotions.

A client like you truly deserves the best of customer service, so if you need further assistance, we are just one email away and we'll always here to support you. Hope we were able to help to answer all your questions if not please write us back. We will be happy to help you!
Of course, there is "such promo" in my account, it's right there in my Uber Promotions tab, and it's still there. But they went ahead and credited the $64.51, so no harm done other than a couple of emails.
Old Dec 2, 16, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
Data point: I followed all the instructions and attempted to use this for a $64.51 ride from IAD on 11/26. Nothing was zeroed out, I was charged. I wrote in, and got this response:

I asked to escalate to a supervisor, saying something like sure, your terms include the mysterious words "Enrollment limited" in them, but you didn't do anything to notify me that you'd reached your "maximum" until after I took a $64 trip I wouldn't have taken otherwise.

Even more bizarrely, I then got this message:

Of course, there is "such promo" in my account, it's right there in my Uber Promotions tab, and it's still there. But they went ahead and credited the $64.51, so no harm done other than a couple of emails.
I could totally understand limiting the number of people who could sign up for the promo (so that, if you tried to enter the promo code, you got a "sorry, maximum reached"), but once the promo code has been entered and accepted, trying to tell people post-facto that the code won't be honored is absurd.
Old Dec 3, 16, 1:36 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Do you think this was a bug, or will I have to fight them when I take my ride tomorrow as well? I "enrolled" by entering the code in my app (before Thanksgiving) and still have it under my promos tab (screenshotted of course, in case I will need to escalate)
Old Dec 4, 16, 11:30 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
I just took my ride this evening out of BOS (UberBlack only, UberX only exists if an UberBlack driver wants to take the lower fare). No problems at all with the code. A representative from the limo company that provides the UberBlack rides was actively pitching the code to people waiting for other modes of transportation, so it's probably still open for "enrollments."
Old Dec 5, 16, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, M/SPG Plat Prem, National Exec Elite, mlife platinum
Originally Posted by diburning View Post
Do you think this was a bug, or will I have to fight them when I take my ride tomorrow as well? I "enrolled" by entering the code in my app (before Thanksgiving) and still have it under my promos tab (screenshotted of course, in case I will need to escalate)
I think it has been fixed and perhaps to my benefit. I took an Uber from DCA this weekend, and the $35 charge was zeroed out. The promo is still there in my account too, so I imagine it will work next weekend when I'm back at DCA.
Old Dec 27, 16, 7:30 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Last night's surge pricing at JFK had UberX more than Uber Black, so I was happy to use the promo to splurge for Black and get home in style (Chevy Suburban). Uber automatically applied the $65 credit to the ride and the final bill was less than what I would have paid if I had taken an NYC taxi.
Old Dec 29, 16, 12:29 am

Programs: AA, UA, B6, DL, WN
Used the promo for a second time tonight from EWR to home in SW Brooklyn - there were no Uber X showing at all so took an Uber XL - full price of ride was $77.95 but with $65 credit, final price was $12.95 - saved me 90 mins. for less money than taking public transport home. This plus my free ride from JFK at the end of November saved me a total of $117.
Old Jan 1, 17, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by MelP View Post
Used the promo for a second time tonight from EWR to home in SW Brooklyn - there were no Uber X showing at all so took an Uber XL - full price of ride was $77.95 but with $65 credit, final price was $12.95 - saved me 90 mins. for less money than taking public transport home. This plus my free ride from JFK at the end of November saved me a total of $117.
Uber app wasn’t accepting the AMEXAIRPORT or any other promotion code early Saturday morning (12/31), and the Uber app was showing me the wrong pickup location (“Arrivals” at the JFK terminal rather than “departures”). This cost me more than a half hour just to call for the ride (for an almost 70 mile one-way chargeable trip). This one trip cost more than twice what you saved, and I got no discounts or promotions applied.

Search this Thread