Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sudden drop in Uber rating

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I did, and they seemed offended by the suggestion. Real high-class operation, Uber.

(It’s absurd that drivers can even rate riders more than 5 minutes after a ride ended.)
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by joe_miami
It seems like a lot of drivers also wait to rate passengers to see if they tipped.
(It’s absurd that drivers can even rate riders more than 5 minutes after a ride ended.)
Uber drivers can not get their next ride request until they have rated the "just finished" trip. It would be foolish for them to wait.
Riders on the other hand can wait before they rate (and/or tip). I've seen my driver rating and "weekly earnings" go up on days I didn't drive. I can't back track the rating, but tips I can and once was tipped for a ride from the previous WEEK. I think riders are reminded/able to rate/tip at the time of their next trip request.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Uber drivers can accept rides with a passenger still in the car, as detailed in the “Driver pet peeve” thread. Drivers, like riders, can also go back and change ratings days or even weeks later.

Your rating changing on days you don’t drive is because Uber no longer updates ratings immediately, which is probably intended to make it harder to figure out who gave which rating.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Uber drivers can accept rides with a passenger still in the car, as detailed in the “Driver pet peeve” thread. Drivers, like riders, can also go back and change ratings days or even weeks later.

Your rating changing on days you don’t drive is because Uber no longer updates ratings immediately, which is probably intended to make it harder to figure out who gave which rating.
It just occurred to me the absolute absurdity of drivers being selective on riders they accept then turn around and say they don't get enough money.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:53 pm

Ok, to rephrase to make it clearer....
Yes, a driver can get pinged for another trip while nearing completion of an existing trip.
However, at this point (as with all ride requests) all I know is the requesting rider's rating and the estimated # of minutes for me to get to the pick-up point (including getting to the destination of the current rider).
I do NOT know where the pickup point for rider #2 is, even after accepting the request. I will NOT be given that location until after I have reported ride #1 completed and submit my rating for rider #1.
I stand by my point that drivers need to rate their completed rides asap; they don't/can't wait to see if the rider added a tip via the app.

More than watching my physical rating, I watch the count of rated trips. I only drive 1 or 2 days a week, so it's easy to watch. Sometimes it goes up asap, sometimes the count goes up several days later.
Yes, anybody can change a rating. It does require a call/message to Uber Support (good luck with that )
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:13 pm

Uber couldn’t care less. A couple months ago, a driver overcharged me by about 200%....
Drivers have zero control of how much you are charged.
Uber calc's the fare based on the distance and time. Do you feel the driver went way "out of the way" to pad the distance charge ? That's the only way I can think of a "driver overcharging", but 200% seems a stretch.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by steve64
Drivers have zero control of how much you are charged.
Uber calc's the fare based on the distance and time. Do you feel the driver went way "out of the way" to pad the distance charge ? That's the only way I can think of a "driver overcharging", but 200% seems a stretch.
I had a case where the driver intentionally turned off their phone just before pulling into the destination (reason given was police) and I discovered that they ended the ride an hour later halfway across the city.
steve64 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by 1353513636
I had a case where the driver intentionally turned off their phone just before pulling into the destination (reason given was police) and I discovered that they ended the ride an hour later halfway across the city.
Wow! I take it you're reported this, and what was the resolution?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Wow! I take it you're reported this, and what was the resolution?
I reported it, Uber claimed driver said it was a GPS issue and they believed him although it seemed pretty clear to me that it was a deliberate act, they honored upfront fare, and my rating dropped from 4.65 to 4.6 the next week (I don't use Uber much...still that had to have been a 1 or 2 star).
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Had a similar issue with a driver overcharging and my rating dropping after I reported it to Uber. Final price was more than double the upfront fare (which Uber ultimately honored). During the ride the driver commented how he often doesn't follow the GPS because he knows the city better than Uber and the app is "wonky". I learned from my complaint to Uber that not following Uber's suuggested route replaces upfront price with time and distance. Uber questioned if I asked the driver to take an alternate route (which I did not). A few days later my rating dropped from 5.0 to 4.92. Did have another ride in that interim, so maybe not him but very suspicious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.