Wiki Posts
Search

Lyft Gift Cards at Starbucks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Lyft Gift Cards at Starbucks

https://blog.lyft.com/posts/lyft-x-starbucks

$20 Lyft gift cards nets you a $5 Starbucks card!
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I wonder if we'll be able to buy them with Starbucks cards (highly unlikely)
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by diburning
I wonder if we'll be able to buy them with Starbucks cards (highly unlikely)
You can! Just did it, the cashier scans the QR code on the Lyft card, prompts for a Starbucks card, loads $5 on to it, and then when it's time to pay you can use a Starbucks card to pay! Very easy, the cashier had no clue how it worked but the computers are idiot proof so they figured it out by following the steps lol. One word of caution the lyft code is not behind a scratch-off surface so there's a risk someone can steal the code from your card (by writing down a bunch and putting them back in the basket before you buy it).
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
In that case, I can buy Starbucks GC through MPX, earn United miles, then spend them at Starbucks on Lyft GCs!

Sweet!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Anyone know if these gift cards will stack? My Lyft rides are usually >$20, so I'd prefer to combine credits if possible.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Yes they stack, just load them all on to your App.
I'm a little surprised that this promotion hasn't gained any more traction, getting free Starbucks while getting some credit from Lyft just doesnt seem all that exciting to FTers.

Also buying these things at any SB's usually elicits an empty look. A lot of cashiers have no idea how to do this.
- first no one hardly buys them
- there is no barcode on the Lyft gift card, it's QR code that must be scanned, the QR code is the size of a 2 year old's fingernail and it must can using their Starbucks gigantic Infrared reader - takes some tries before it registers (if at all) - must be at the right angle.
- not all Barista's are aware of the process to get you that $5 gift card. (It is as detailed in the last post)
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Have you found them in the Bay Area? I've checked a couple of locations near me, and they had no idea what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by mrkymark
Yes they stack, just load them all on to your App.
I'm a little surprised that this promotion hasn't gained any more traction, getting free Starbucks while getting some credit from Lyft just doesnt seem all that exciting to FTers.

Also buying these things at any SB's usually elicits an empty look. A lot of cashiers have no idea how to do this.
- first no one hardly buys them
- there is no barcode on the Lyft gift card, it's QR code that must be scanned, the QR code is the size of a 2 year old's fingernail and it must can using their Starbucks gigantic Infrared reader - takes some tries before it registers (if at all) - must be at the right angle.
- not all Barista's are aware of the process to get you that $5 gift card. (It is as detailed in the last post)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.