How do I delete my credit card from Lyft?

Old Jul 31, 16, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
How do I delete my credit card from Lyft?

I cannot figure this out. I do not want my credit card number stored with Lyft. I cannot figure out how to delete it though. I have tried two different phones, so I don't think it is the phone. I suppose I could always add another credit card, but then that kind of defeats the point.
Old Aug 1, 16, 7:56 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Cloudship View Post
I cannot figure this out. I do not want my credit card number stored with Lyft. I cannot figure out how to delete it though. I have tried two different phones, so I don't think it is the phone. I suppose I could always add another credit card, but then that kind of defeats the point.
As far as I know, you can't have an account open without a valid credit card. You can contact them and have them close the account.
Old Sep 10, 16, 3:17 am

Programs: LH, BA, SPG
Originally Posted by Cloudship View Post
If you have the option of using Apple Pay, you can use Lyft without having to enter credit card information in the app.

Last edited by bawr; Sep 10, 16 at 3:28 am
Old Sep 12, 16, 7:49 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Same is true for Android Pay, but then you need to have your credit card on file with Apple or Google. My recollection is that the OP doesn't want his credit card on file anywhere.
Old Feb 7, 18, 6:26 am

I figured it out

press and hold the card you wanna delete and swipe it right itíll say delete card
Old Feb 7, 18, 7:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unless you have an accepted method of payment on "file" you can't have an account. Just close your Lyft account by emailing [email protected].
Old Mar 29, 18, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by Judy Blacc View Post
press and hold the card you wanna delete and swipe it right itíll say delete card
On my iphone, I press down on the card, then a delete option shows in pinkish
Note: You cannot delete the default payment. First you have to change the default to another card, if you want to delete the current default
Old Apr 18, 18, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
Would like to delete my card from uber but can't figure out how to do that. It always defaults to the wrong card so maybe just easier to delete.
Old Jun 4, 18, 8:35 pm

Thank you! Really not obvious in the app, thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
On my iphone, I press down on the card, then a delete option shows in pinkish
Note: You cannot delete the default payment. First you have to change the default to another card, if you want to delete the current default
Old Aug 11, 18, 12:09 pm

This is really bizarre. I have 3 credit cards on file. I set my default payment to Apple Pay. Out of the 3 cards, only 1 has the option to delete! wth! One of my cards I no longer use and want it off the app (for OCD reasons). Dang it Lyft!
Still can't figure it out.
Old Aug 15, 18, 5:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by SuperKirby View Post
This is really bizarre. I have 3 credit cards on file. I set my default payment to Apple Pay. Out of the 3 cards, only 1 has the option to delete! wth! One of my cards I no longer use and want it off the app (for OCD reasons). Dang it Lyft!
Still can't figure it out.
Good luck with trying to contact Lyft support to sort this out.

I had the same issue and after about 5 back/forth messages with their auto response bots, I gave up.

Uber/Lyft support is remarkably useless.
Old Sep 2, 18, 11:12 pm

I added yet another card to Lyft and was able to delete my other card I wanted to. Basically, once you have 3 CCs in your account, they want you to have at least 3 CC's in there at all times.

Search this Thread