FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft-747/)
-   -   How do I delete my credit card from Lyft? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft/1781810-how-do-i-delete-my-credit-card-lyft.html)

Cloudship Jul 31, 16 11:01 am

How do I delete my credit card from Lyft?
 
I cannot figure this out. I do not want my credit card number stored with Lyft. I cannot figure out how to delete it though. I have tried two different phones, so I don't think it is the phone. I suppose I could always add another credit card, but then that kind of defeats the point.

cestmoi123 Aug 1, 16 7:56 am


Originally Posted by Cloudship (Post 26994203)
I cannot figure this out. I do not want my credit card number stored with Lyft. I cannot figure out how to delete it though. I have tried two different phones, so I don't think it is the phone. I suppose I could always add another credit card, but then that kind of defeats the point.

As far as I know, you can't have an account open without a valid credit card. You can contact them and have them close the account.

bawr Sep 10, 16 3:17 am


Originally Posted by Cloudship (Post 26994203)
I cannot figure this out. I do not want my credit card number stored with Lyft. I cannot figure out how to delete it though. I have tried two different phones, so I don't think it is the phone. I suppose I could always add another credit card, but then that kind of defeats the point.

If you have the option of using Apple Pay, you can use Lyft without having to enter credit card information in the app.

cestmoi123 Sep 12, 16 7:49 am

Same is true for Android Pay, but then you need to have your credit card on file with Apple or Google. My recollection is that the OP doesn't want his credit card on file anywhere.

Judy Blacc Feb 7, 18 6:26 am

I figured it out
 
press and hold the card you wanna delete and swipe it right itíll say delete card

Often1 Feb 7, 18 7:04 am

Unless you have an accepted method of payment on "file" you can't have an account. Just close your Lyft account by emailing [email protected].

mvoight Mar 29, 18 12:59 pm


Originally Posted by Judy Blacc (Post 29389491)
press and hold the card you wanna delete and swipe it right itíll say delete card

On my iphone, I press down on the card, then a delete option shows in pinkish
Note: You cannot delete the default payment. First you have to change the default to another card, if you want to delete the current default

Boraxo Apr 18, 18 10:23 pm

Would like to delete my card from uber but can't figure out how to do that. It always defaults to the wrong card so maybe just easier to delete.

SanFranLanes Jun 4, 18 8:35 pm

Thank you! Really not obvious in the app, thanks for the info.
 

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 29581436)
On my iphone, I press down on the card, then a delete option shows in pinkish
Note: You cannot delete the default payment. First you have to change the default to another card, if you want to delete the current default


SuperKirby Aug 11, 18 12:09 pm

This is really bizarre. I have 3 credit cards on file. I set my default payment to Apple Pay. Out of the 3 cards, only 1 has the option to delete! wth! One of my cards I no longer use and want it off the app (for OCD reasons). Dang it Lyft!
Still can't figure it out.

Miami305 Aug 15, 18 5:52 am


Originally Posted by SuperKirby (Post 30071898)
This is really bizarre. I have 3 credit cards on file. I set my default payment to Apple Pay. Out of the 3 cards, only 1 has the option to delete! wth! One of my cards I no longer use and want it off the app (for OCD reasons). Dang it Lyft!
Still can't figure it out.

Good luck with trying to contact Lyft support to sort this out.

I had the same issue and after about 5 back/forth messages with their auto response bots, I gave up.

Uber/Lyft support is remarkably useless.

SuperKirby Sep 2, 18 11:12 pm

I added yet another card to Lyft and was able to delete my other card I wanted to. Basically, once you have 3 CCs in your account, they want you to have at least 3 CC's in there at all times.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:08 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.