Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Uber accounts with a Dual-SIM phone?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Two Uber accounts with a Dual-SIM phone?

If I have a dual-SIM phone, could I somehow use two different Uber accounts on the same phone?

This would be helpful in separating my expenses between two different businesses.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I tried something similar but on two separate phones, one with my regular UK number, the other my 'international' phone with US, Swiss and UK numbers using Toggle.

It proved difficult to maintain separate identities. My wish was to earn miles on the UK phone and 0% f/x on my international phone. In the end, I gave up.

But Uber now offer the chance to maintain separate private and business identities on the same phone/SIM. I haven't got the link to hand but am sure a search would find the details.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:30 am
Original Poster

What happens if an user deletes the Uber app from the phone and then swaps the SIM and installs the Uber up again with a different Uber ID? Is that likely to work?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:10 am

The app doesn't care that the phone has two SIM slots. The app will only take one Uber ID at a given time. You will have to log out and then log in with a different ID each time, and my guess is that you may soon find your device locked out of Uber if they see such irregularities in usage.

Doesn't the current version have a Home and Work profile for this very purpose?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 4:39 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
You might get flagged as a scammer if you routinely use two accounts on the same device, tracked by IMEI.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:47 pm

Installing two Uber apps

Originally Posted by phoochka
If I have a dual-SIM phone, could I somehow use two different Uber accounts on the same phone?

This would be helpful in separating my expenses between two different businesses.
How I may solve this situation is by installing this app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lel.intl&hl=en

This will help you to clone Uber app, you can use two Uber apps at same time. This app is safe and is the most downloaded app from play store. I am using it. If you need further help please ping me here.
Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Can't you just create 2 profiles on the same account?

https://help.uber.com/h/f564fdcd-53f...5-6d5f622b4939

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.