Tips for using Uber or Lyft for business travel

Old Jun 3, 16, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst + Companion pass; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Tips for using Uber or Lyft for business travel

Anyone have favorite tips re: using Uber for work they'd like to share? I'll start:

I have a separate business profile under my Uber account with weekly and monthly PDF reports sent to my work email enabled - I welcome the extra emails since I no longer have to create individual PDF receipts for each trip! I have a rule in outlook that auto sends a copy to [email protected]

All business trips are charged to my corp Amex - auto imports into Concur most of the time.

When I remember I try to add details of the trip to the notes section within Uber during the ride - from where to where, customer I was visiting, reason for trip etc.. - this all gets included in the PDF reports from Uber,

No more "why didn't you fill up the rental car prior to returning" corporate policy nastygram from Finance ever since I stopped renting from airports and taking Uber.
Old Jun 27, 16, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Having a business profile is key, and frankly is one of the reasons why I use Uber over Lyft when I travel on biz.
Old Jul 1, 16, 8:29 am

Lyft has business profiles now too.
Old Jul 1, 16, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst + Companion pass; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by mtftw View Post
Having a business profile is key, and frankly is one of the reasons why I use Uber over Lyft when I travel on biz.
My primary reason for choosing Uber over Lyft is using it overseas in addition to domestic trips.

Search this Thread