Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KENNECTED
Understanding your rating
Ratings allow us to ensure a great experience with Uber for both riders and drivers. Just like you rate drivers, drivers can rate riders on a scale of 1-5 stars after each trip.

How your rating is calculated
Your rating is an average of the ratings you’ve received from drivers, and is measured out of 5 stars. Ratings are anonymous, so neither you nor your driver will ever see an individual rating you’ve received.

Very few people have a perfect rating, so don’t despair if your average isn’t 5.0. Things that seem small to you can matter to your driver - it’s easy to accidentally slam a door if you’re not thinking about it. Knowing a little more about the things that affect a driver’s happiness can help you be a 5-star rider.

Short wait times.
Drivers love when riders are ready to go when they arrive at the pickup location. That includes making sure the location you entered is actually where you’ll be.

Courtesy.
Simple but true - it’s important that riders treat drivers and their cars the way they’d expect to be treated themselves. A positive attitude and considerate use of the car go a long way. That slice of pizza can wait.

Safety.
Drivers want to make sure everyone in their car is safe. Drivers shouldn’t be encouraged to break any laws. For example, every rider in the car should have their own seatbelt.

Why your rating matters
Ratings foster mutual respect between riders and drivers. This strengthens our community and helps everyone get the most from Uber. Just as you expect drivers to treat you with respect, drivers hope to feel the same acknowledgement from riders. A high rating is about more than bragging rights among your friends; it’s a sign that people enjoyed their time with you. Keep up the good work!
Print Wikipost

What's Your Uber Passenger Rating?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:26 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Tino
Lyft: 5.0* from 340 trips
Uber: 4.99* with 1,337 trips in 2,504 days as a member. Your current Uber rating is calculated from the last 500 rides and from their raw data, I have 496 @ 5* and 4 @ 4*. I am surprised that I don't have anything lower than that, as on rare occasions I will get mouthy with a driver that is either intentionally driving out-of-the-way or is driving dangerously. Also, I rarely tip.
highly surprising. Over 2K rides in Uber with a handful of 1*
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Tino
Lyft: 5.0* from 340 trips
Uber: 4.99* with 1,337 trips in 2,504 days as a member. Your current Uber rating is calculated from the last 500 rides and from their raw data, I have 496 @ 5* and 4 @ 4*. I am surprised that I don't have anything lower than that, as on rare occasions I will get mouthy with a driver that is either intentionally driving out-of-the-way or is driving dangerously. Also, I rarely tip.
Really surprised if you don't tip and have gotten in agruments with drivers (even if they deserved it) you have that high of a rating.

I know a couple people that do rideshare part time and if a passenger gets mouthy with them (though in your case it's justified if they are driving out the way but these guys would never do that) they figure they are getting a low rating anyway and they want to make sure they never pick up that passenger again (they said if you rate a passenger or a driver 1 or 2 stars you'll never get matched with them again) they'll give them one or two stars.

They also won't give five stars to a passenger who doesn't tip unless it's a high demand period where they are making a lot and the passenger is paying a high enough fare that not tipping is justified.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.