Has Lyft Customer Service Gone Downhill?

Old Oct 25, 15, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Has Lyft Customer Service Gone Downhill?

I've had to contact Lyft customer service once or twice before, and it was friendly, quick, and satisfactory. As of yesterday, that appears to no longer be the case.

I requested a review of a ride after I took it because the driver refused my directions and insisted on sticking to the GPS. They never responded to my request for a review, so I contacted them.

The problem was that the GPS showed a longer route that was made longer because the driver took the freeway going the wrong way (GPS told him to make a left, driver went straight then took a left onto the on-ramp)

When I sent them a message to complain, I received a canned response (we ran the ride through our systems and it appears that this route is correct), and a $5 credit. Great. Thanks for not addressing my complaint.

So, I took the complaint to social media (facebook). They took another look, and sent me another canned response.

I went onto Google maps, plotted out the route the driver took, and the route that I wanted to take. The route that the driver took was more than twice the distance of the route I wanted to take. Armed with screenshots, I posted them to the facebook thread and only received a response saying "We'll share this feedback with our team"

Has anyone else noticed that Lyft is no longer the customer friendly service it once was?

Uber has been hit or miss in my experience, and I've been paying slightly more to use Lyft (over Uber) because their customer experience and service tended to be better. I don't see any advantage to using Lyft over Uber anymore.
Old Oct 25, 15, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
It's been going downhill since January 2014.
Old Jan 9, 16, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Used now and then with success. Signed up for Lyft and received $50 credit ($5 off each ride up to 10 rides). Nice I thought until I realized the $50 credit expires in two weeks. Emailed customer service to note dissatisfaction with promo. Response received useless. I like the part about "we aren't able to" when in reality Lyft chooses not to. Blame the customer when in doubt. Word to the wise, if you are interested in a few discounted rides via Lyft do not signup in advance of the rides.

"Thanks for reaching out about this concern on your ride credits. I do understand that you were looking forward to using those ride credits just to realize that they are expiring soon.

As much as I would love to, we aren't able to extend nor renew the ride credits you have. As a heads up, it will expire on January 14, 2016 at 10:00PM. You can check out the 'Payment' section of your Lyft app to view your current available credits and their expiration date.

The good news is, Lyft constantly rolls-out promotions to ensure that members get the best experience they could have while taking a Lyft. To remain updated about Lyft promotions, check out http://blog.lyft.com

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, and we would be happy to address them.

All the best,"
Old Jan 9, 16, 1:49 pm

Programs: WN A-List
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room View Post
Used now and then with success. Signed up for Lyft and received $50 credit ($5 off each ride up to 10 rides). Nice I thought until I realized the $50 credit expires in two weeks.
My experience is that, if you don't use any of the new signup promotional coupons and let them expire, Lyft will keep sending you more every couple weeks. Uber gives you like $15 towards your first ride but it's good for a year. I got the same promo ($5 off 10 rides) and ended up letting my neighbor use some. Even then, I was only able to use about half of them. It's free money though, so I wouldn't to complain about it to Lyft. The half-off promos they ran in Los Angeles last year ended up being a much better deal for me.
Old Jan 9, 16, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Heh, they've never given me any referral credit ever even though I've referred 4 people, one of which I took a first ride with. (sent a friend the referral link, had him install the app from that link, had the friend request a ride that we both got into, and got it for free. Zero referral credit for me.)

They've recently closed their local office in Boston, leaving their drivers and mentors in the dark. The mentors are defecting over to a local startup called Fasten and are trying to get their drivers to the same.

Personally I prefer Lyft to Fasten, but I'll use whichever one has the closest drivers.

Search this Thread