Cabify in Latin America

Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Cabify in Latin America

Noticed this new forum, and decided to put this here:

I was turned on to this service by a friend of mine who is a securtiy consultant in Latin America. I was telling him I was glad that Uber was in Mexico City now, and he expressed his opinion that Cabify was a much more "preferred" option than Uber and certainly local taxis. It is his job to make sure people like me don't get kidnapped in Latin America, so when he gives out advice like that I tend to take note. The service has been great, comprable to Uber in every way, and I've not yet experienced any price discrepancies or price gouging, no matter the time of day or state of traffic.

It's another app to load, but if you are in Latin America and stuff like this is going down, it is good to have another option.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:07 pm

Seems like there is little discussion about Cabify in this forum. I've used it in Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador and Brazil and it has worked very well. Their surge (or dynamic) pricing is much less aggressive than Uber. My experience has been very similar to Uber, depending on the city they have different car options and the maps work similarly well (or not). The only exception was in Buenos Aires, where it seemed much easier to get a driver with Cabify than with Uber.

I have not been able to add a US credit card directly into the app though, so I have had to use Paypal without issues. Just remember to actively select to be billed in the seller's currency in your Paypal account. Anyone else have had issues adding a car directly onto Cabify?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.