Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft
Reload this Page >

anyone know a way to sign up for Lyft with a non-US CC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)

I tried using Lyft in NYC and could not, because their credit card verification process didn't accept my (four-digit) zip code. Tried leading and trailing zeros, to no avail (this works at most US gas pump terminals). As they have no phone customer service, I had to give up.
Anyone have any hint on how I could get around this?
Old May 17, 2015, 1:55 pm

Oh, that drives me crazy when I'm trying to do the reverse (sign up for a non-U.S. service with a U.S. credit card).

Found phone number info for you for Lyft, although they note that isn't the best way to reach them:
http://m.gethuman.com/phone-number/Lyft/
Old May 21, 2015, 7:24 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
On the app in the Credit Card screen, tap the flag, and it will let you change country.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by bhomburg
I tried using Lyft in NYC and could not, because their credit card verification process didn't accept my (four-digit) zip code. Tried leading and trailing zeros, to no avail (this works at most US gas pump terminals). As they have no phone customer service, I had to give up.
Anyone have any hint on how I could get around this?
In such cases, generally try "00000" or, in lieu, your four digit code with an added 0. However, in the case of Lyft, try tapping the flag to change the billing address country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.