FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   dines posting to airline "faster" (multiple times a week) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/1932033-dines-posting-airline-faster-multiple-times-week.html)

sdsearch Sep 23, 2018 9:15 am

dines posting to airline "faster" (multiple times a week)

It used to be that RN only posted to the partner (airline or hotel) once a week, dated "paid" on a Wed but showing up on Thu.

But recently each dine is being "paid" separately for me:

09/19/2018 <restaurant> <survey link> <CC#> $xx.xx yyy Miles 09/22/2018
09/17/2018 <restaurant> <survey link> <CC#> $xx.xx yyy Miles 09/21/2018
09/16/2018 <restaurant> <survey link> <CC#> $xx.xx yyy Miles 09/19/2018

And they're showing up one by one (and thus faster) at the airline.

I've noticed this on United MileagePlus Dining. Is it also happening in the other airline/hotel RN dining programs?

sdsearch Oct 7, 2018 8:34 am

Wow, and a missing dine I reported on Friday was handled faster than ever too.

I decided to print my credit card transaction activity and scan it along with the receipt (since part of the receipt didn't print well), right after submitting the missing dine info online, and before I was finished I had the email from an RN rep asking me for that. Then I sent that, and a short time later I got an email back that the miles had been added for my dine and I should see it on the dining website within 24 hours, and indeed I did see it there on Saturday (as Pending).

It used to take days for each step of this (wait from online submission to email asking for receipt / statement, then wait from emailing receipt / statement to email that the miles had been added). This time it didn't even take a full hour! ^

Points Scrounger Oct 11, 2018 11:36 am

Delta is definitely posting faster as well.

sdsearch Nov 24, 2018 9:56 am

Easy come, easy go?

When I switched from UA dining to DL dining, a month and a half ago, I noticed it was back to once a week. Then I switched to AS dining last week, and it's also once a week. And now I looked at UA dining, and it's even worse: a dine from 10/10 (the last one I did at UA dining) is still showing as "Pending" as of today! :eek:

sdsearch May 26, 2019 9:21 am

And I switched to UA dining again about a month ago, and now it's back to multiple times a week.

tmiw Nov 18, 2019 9:27 am

FYI, I just got an email from MileagePlus Dining saying that after the 18th, we'll start to get real-time notifications of estimated miles/points earned at participating restaurants. It sounds like it'll still take 3-5 days for those transactions to actually post, though.

Brendan Nov 18, 2019 1:42 pm

I just got about 6 of the emails described by Tmiw #6, one from each airline or hotel company:
"
Dear Brendan,

Effective November 18, 2019, we have made updates to our Program Privacy Policy and Terms of Use regarding your transactions at participating restaurants. This is because you will begin receiving real-time notifications when you dine at Program restaurants. We are really excited about these updates, as they are geared toward improving your experience when you earn miles.

Here's what you need to know:

• Starting November 18, 2019, when you dine at a participating restaurant, we will receive real-time information from American Express®, Mastercard®, and Visa® about the date and time of your transaction.

• You will soon begin to receive emails in real-time with the estimated miles earned before tip after you dine at participating restaurants.

• We will continue to notify you 3-5 days after your dine with the full amount earned and links to post-dine surveys, which are also available in your account center."

So NO MORE waiting 5--11 days for miles to post! And no more being told about a 6--8 weeks patience period when they don't post properly!

sdsearch Nov 19, 2019 9:12 pm

Keep in mind that RN are the ones getting the info starting November 18th.

We the diners are only going to start getting notified real-time "soon". No word on how soon "soon" is. I presume RN first has to verify that they're getting the info on a timely basis from MC, Visa, and Amex (and did you notice no mention of Discover? so will this feature not work for those using a Discover card?), and then figure out how to transform that into automatic real-time notifications. So I wouldn't expect it "any minute now" necessarily.

sdsearch Dec 11, 2019 9:28 pm

So here's the weird thing. Since mid-November, I had been using United MileagePlus Dining, and got none of the above-mentioned instant notifications yet. Then this Tuesday I switched to American AAdvantage Dining, and both then and today (Wednesday) I received an email titled "Thanks for visiting <name of restaurant>" just a few minutes (4 minutes in one case, 1 minute in the other case) after the time on my printed receipt from the restaurant.

Now perhaps this is due to AAdvantage Dining implementing this before other RN dining programs, but the other possibility is it working with MC before Visa. See, with United MileagePlus Dining, I was using my United Visa card. With AAdvantage Dining, I'm using my AA MC card.

Points Scrounger Dec 27, 2019 10:56 am

Indeed, as I get the notification with my Chase IHG Mastercard.

tmiw Jan 2, 2020 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 31831345)
So here's the weird thing. Since mid-November, I had been using United MileagePlus Dining, and got none of the above-mentioned instant notifications yet. Then this Tuesday I switched to American AAdvantage Dining, and both then and today (Wednesday) I received an email titled "Thanks for visiting <name of restaurant>" just a few minutes (4 minutes in one case, 1 minute in the other case) after the time on my printed receipt from the restaurant.

Now perhaps this is due to AAdvantage Dining implementing this before other RN dining programs, but the other possibility is it working with MC before Visa. See, with United MileagePlus Dining, I was using my United Visa card. With AAdvantage Dining, I'm using my AA MC card.

I got a notification from MileagePlus Dining today immediately after I used my CSR at a restaurant, so I'm guessing whatever was preventing it before isn't a problem anymore. The server did bring a tablet to the table and ran the full amount + tip right there, though, so maybe that had something to do with it.

sdsearch Jan 2, 2020 11:14 pm

Well, for the record, I still have never yet received these instant notifications at SkyMiles DIning (including for a dine tonight), where I typically use an Amex card.

KathyWdrf Jan 3, 2020 5:04 am

No "instant" notifications for two recent dines (Dec. 26 & 27). One was using a MC to earn UA miles, the other a Visa to earn AA miles. (Did get emails, but four calendar days after each dine.)

Jailer Jan 12, 2020 2:09 pm

My one immediate notification was via a VISA. Nothing from American Express.

hhdl Jan 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jailer (Post 31941516)
My one immediate notification was via a VISA. Nothing from American Express.

As I recall (maybe from a bookkeeping class in high school many years ago) AmEx transactions tend to have a longer period as a receivable than Visa/MC. Perhaps RN doesn't post miles until the receivable closes?