FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   Android App for AA Dining (and others) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/1319644-android-app-aa-dining-others.html)

sdsearch Mar 18, 2012 8:12 am

(I don't have Android at this point so that's why this question instead of just trying it.)

Does your app allow you to login? (What about the official RN app?)

In some (not all) geographic areas, you may see more restaurants when you're looged in than when you're not logged in, because some restaurants in some areas are only available to "elite" members of RN. But it won't display the bigger list of "elite" member restaurants unless you're "elite" and you're loggeed in.

sdsearch Mar 18, 2012 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Droch (Post 18199080)
What are others getting for points once they become elite
I get 9 points per dollar

In most programs there are multiple elite levels. Different programs' points are valued differently so different programs earn different amounts.

There is whole forum on all these (Rewares Network-administred) dining programs:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...s-network-400/

That's the rgith place to learn / ask about how the various dining programs work.

ZeoS Mar 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 18223209)
(I don't have Android at this point so that's why this question instead of just trying it.)

Does your app allow you to login? (What about the official RN app?)

In some (not all) geographic areas, you may see more restaurants when you're looged in than when you're not logged in, because some restaurants in some areas are only available to "elite" members of RN. But it won't display the bigger list of "elite" member restaurants unless you're "elite" and you're loggeed in.

I'm not doing the login... I suppose I can do it, I'll have to try that! thanks for bringing that up!

ZeoS May 17, 2012 8:48 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 18223218)
In most programs there are multiple elite levels. Different programs' points are valued differently so different programs earn different amounts.

There is whole forum on all these (Rewares Network-administred) dining programs:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...s-network-400/

That's the rgith place to learn / ask about how the various dining programs work.

thanks!

ayodeji13 May 20, 2012 3:50 pm

thanks a lot for this, gonna install it shortly and check it out

ZeoS Aug 20, 2012 3:07 pm

As many users requested it, now you can do manual searches by addres and/or zip code

mia Aug 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Moderator action

Thread transferred from MilesBuzz! to the iDine/Rewards Network forum.

fiver Oct 22, 2013 10:07 am

Nice little app. Integration with Waze doesn't seem to work well, sometimes nothing happens sometimes it shows me the place on the map but there doesn't seem to be a way to choose to navigate to it. Not sure if it's a problem with Waze or a problem with the way you send the map data to the app.

Integration with Google Maps works perfectly though, so it's no biggie for me to just use that.

sdsearch Oct 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Yesterday I got an email from Delta that says you can now access SkyMiles Dining from your Fly Delta app (for both Android and Apple). It says:
From the Fly Delta app's welcome page, select the "Traveling with Delta" option.

Choose "Delta Partners" from the page menu.

[One of the partners listed is SkyMiles Dining.] Select "Learn More" to access the SkyMiles Dining feature.

ftlurker2 Aug 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Is anyone still using this app? Since it was last updated a year ago, I'm wondering if restaurants data is still being pulled correctly.

sdsearch Aug 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by ftlurker2 (Post 30112229)
Is anyone still using this app? Since it was last updated a year ago, I'm wondering if restaurants data is still being pulled correctly.

Yes, the Restomiles app is still pulling correctly, as far as I can tell with one try today (ie, restaurants which were added recently show up and restaurants which dropped out recently don't show up). It's leaving out restaurants which don't give miles today, and showing today and the next two days for other restaurants, with the dates they do give miles in green and the dates they don't give miles in red. And I see no way to see which restaurants are 1/month vs unlimited visits. But presumably if you're going back to the same restaurant, you have time in between to check the actual website; presumably if you need the app, you've most likely not been at restaurants on the list in the current month anyway.

Though there appear to be some cities where a given restaurant only is visible to people with RN VIP status, not to people with no RN status. I don't know of any restaurants like that around me, so I can't tell you what it does in that case.

sdsearch Sep 5, 2020 8:37 pm

Did they they get rid of it? Did they replace it with something else?

I tried Restomiles (Android) the other day, and it gets zero results no matter what I try.