Thrifty Promotions and Discounts

Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skitch23
Not sure what this promo code is tied to or how long its valid for (found it on one of those coupon sites yesterday), but "CHEP" will give you 10% off a rental. I used it for a one weeknight rental (not at an airport) in Toronto so it doesn't appear that it is limited to the US.
Just booked a 3-day midweek rental for April on the East Coast. After trying "WMRT" & "SNRS" code (from outdated OP) to no avail, I entered "your" CHEP code and it took the rate from $49 down to $41.29, e.g. from a total of $ 173 to $ 147.

Cool! Thanks a lot for sharing! ^
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:54 am

Thumbs up CHEP worked for me

Just booked 3 day rental for Apr 20=23 @ SFO using CHEP code. Thanks!!!!!!!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:02 pm

USPR

Does anyone know if the promo code "USPR" still works for Thrifty? It's supposed to get 1500 US Airwyas Miles
Old May 7, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP
US10 is the current usair promo code for thrifty.

it gets you triple miles (150/day), good til end of year on a 2 day min rental.
you can access it on usair web page or thrifty.com.
i think it might also give you a lower rate.
not sure about the code you mentioned.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I have been using this one for several years with good luck getting lower rates. Corporate #004M001010 is the Orlando Magicard rate and available to all. Best of all, it works outside of Orlando. In addition to MCO, I have use it at SAN and SNA with good savings.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:29 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by treston11
Does anyone know if the promo code "USPR" still works for Thrifty? It's supposed to get 1500 US Airwyas Miles
This code is intended for US Preferred members and is still valid through March 31, 2015 and gives a 1,500 US Miles bonus (in addition to base miles) on a rental of 2 days or longer.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:47 am

For the Dominican Republic, the best rate I can get is using their normal LAT05 promo code for a 5% discount. Nothing else works better.... :-(
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:43 pm

Curious if anyone can help with any discounts -

I'm looking at a ~10-day, one-way, Mid-Size Auto, rental out of Cape Town City to Port Elizabeth. I want to go out of that location (as opposed to competing companies) since the location is actually at our hotel (Hilton Cape Town). This is for Mid-End of September and the rates (with GPS and the mandatory CDW) are around $500.
I don't think any codes work for this rental (Africa, One-way, Mid-size) but would be grateful if anyone knows of one!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Curious if anyone can help with any discounts -

I'm looking at a ~10-day, one-way, Mid-Size Auto, rental out of Cape Town City to Port Elizabeth. I want to go out of that location (as opposed to competing companies) since the location is actually at our hotel (Hilton Cape Town). This is for Mid-End of September and the rates (with GPS and the mandatory CDW) are around $500.
I don't think any codes work for this rental (Africa, One-way, Mid-size) but would be grateful if anyone knows of one!
AFRM3 free upgrade in South Africa
I don't know what your exact dates are, but I searched Sept. 15-25. For some reason, no matter how I searched, the standard car was cheaper than the mid-size car. The mid-size w/GPS was $500 but the standard w/GPS was $486.

Last edited by flightexpert; Aug 1, 2014 at 5:29 pm Reason: clarification
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:33 pm

ECAN2 5% off daily rate for Canada rentals
PA20 20% off weekly rate in Panama
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by flightexpert
AFRM3 free upgrade in South Africa
I don't know what your exact dates are, but I searched Sept. 15-25. For some reason, no matter how I searched, the standard car was cheaper than the mid-size car. The mid-size w/GPS was $500 but the standard w/GPS was $486.
Thanks - but here's an odd thing. I currently hold a reservation for Cape Town City -> PLZ. I entered in the same pick-up and drop of dates, times, and locations that I currently hold, and received a message "Location closed during date and time requested"

I tried searching one day earlier and one day later and received the same message. I also tried searching with both pick up and drop off at Cape Town (rather than one-way) and still received the same message. I'm looking at a mid-day pick up/drop off time so it shouldn't be "closed" at that time. What gives? Did the location close?
Old Aug 2, 2014, 4:38 pm

Thanks - but here's an odd thing. I currently hold a reservation for Cape Town City -> PLZ. I entered in the same pick-up and drop of dates, times, and locations that I currently hold, and received a message "Location closed during date and time requested"

I tried searching one day earlier and one day later and received the same message. I also tried searching with both pick up and drop off at Cape Town (rather than one-way) and still received the same message. I'm looking at a mid-day pick up/drop off time so it shouldn't be "closed" at that time. What gives? Did the location close?
That's weird. Maybe check your search parameters and try again? I just searched Sept. 15-25 again, CPT>PLZ one-way at noon and it's showing me the cars available.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:32 pm

That's weird. Maybe check your search parameters and try again? I just searched Sept. 15-25 again, CPT>PLZ one-way at noon and it's showing me the cars available.
The airport location is available, but the city location (located at the Hilton) shows as closed.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:33 am

The airport location is available, but the city location (located at the Hilton) shows as closed.
You're right, it was there when I searched the other day but now is unavailable.

This says they are still open, maybe worth a call to them?
+27 214813750 should be the number to the Thrifty desk at the hotel
http://www.thrifty.com/Local/Index.a...cationCode=CT2
Old Aug 4, 2014, 3:26 pm

You're right, it was there when I searched the other day but now is unavailable.

This says they are still open, maybe worth a call to them?
+27 214813750 should be the number to the Thrifty desk at the hotel
http://www.thrifty.com/Local/Index.a...cationCode=CT2
I called the US-based Thrifty number to confirm there were no problems. The rep claims that everything should be fine, they are still open etc, but I still cannot search for cars out of this location. The other day it said the location was closed at the specified time, not it indicates "Invalid Pickup Location"

I'm not very familiar with Thrifty as I don't frequently rent cars. Any insight on this sort of an issue?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.