Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thrifty Promotions and Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
AMEX AXB9 - double Blue Chip rewards

Reserve now and earn double Blue Chip RewardsSM on your next rental when you use any American Express Card. Rental must begin on or after February 1, 2009 and must be returned by May 31, 2009. Use promo code AXB9 when making your reservation.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: aa, onepass, skymiles
Thrifty-Fla

I can confirm -- got a very good rate from Thrifty in FLL, 1 week Apr 25-May.
Using the COrp Code 004M001010 and the Orlando Magicard.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 5:29 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
entertainment book promo

in Australia offers a discount plus double upgrade. has anyone done this - do you need to confirm the upgrade or just get it automatically?
Old Jun 30, 2009, 12:02 pm

Anyone used a corp DORIC code lately and had to show id going to Flordia it waves underage fees and slightly better rates
Old Jul 1, 2009, 12:40 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
in Australia offers a discount plus double upgrade. has anyone done this - do you need to confirm the upgrade or just get it automatically?
I booked using the entbook double upgrade.

They called me yesterday to say I would get the discount price offered but no upgrade as the franchise is too small.

Disappointing.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA MP, Southwest RR
Any new codes for Virginia locations?
Old Sep 4, 2009, 4:15 pm

magic card rate still good for florida rentals

I just booked a car for 4 days at SRQ (Sarasota) for the middle of October (Oct 16-19). I got a rate that was almost 50% off the non-discounted rate on the Thrifty website using the Corp Code (004M001010) associated with the Orlando Magicard ($25/day vs. $50/day)
Old Oct 10, 2009, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
All right, folks, I've finally combed through and updated a bunch of stuff.

All of the U.S. and Canada promotions should be current. I'll add more as I locate them (culled from Thrifty's weekly promotion emails, etc.)

There are lots of international promotions, but I'll get to those later.

Enjoy, and let me know if there's anything broken or that needs to be added!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: CharlesPoedyOB
This is great! Thanks for the update
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just updated with the latest Thrifty promotional email that was sent out. Looks like some of the promos already posted are repeated in the email but differ slightly--the codes end in an E. Perhaps that's for revenue tracking--that way, they can tell what the response rate is for email promos (get it, E for email?) versus ones displayed on their websites. At least that's my guess.

New feature: a :-: marks promos that are new since the last update. Hope this helps!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 4:17 pm

I'm looking for a good rate in Tasmania, Australia. starting Wed 21 Oct, returning either Sat 24 or Mon 26th. any Australia mentions i've searched are really old. we will need a child seat too and wouldn't mind GPS if not too expensive...would appreciate any help, thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by morepointsplease
I'm looking for a good rate in Tasmania, Australia. starting Wed 21 Oct, returning either Sat 24 or Mon 26th. any Australia mentions i've searched are really old. we will need a child seat too and wouldn't mind GPS if not too expensive...would appreciate any help, thanks!
Don't see anything here or at the Thrifty Australia website. Perhaps someone else knows something and can post it, though. Good luck!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
Don't see anything here or at the Thrifty Australia website. Perhaps someone else knows something and can post it, though. Good luck!
thanks Jackal - yes it is looking rather light!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:25 pm

Thrifty has a promo where you can rent a car one way from Halifax to various cities in Ontario for up to 7 days for $1 per day + tax

Sample dates - Halifax - Toronto (YYZ) Oct 24-28

https://www.thrifty.com/Deals/Intern...=&SearchParam=
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by easyguy
Thrifty has a promo where you can rent a car one way from Halifax to various cities in Ontario for up to 7 days for $1 per day + tax

Sample dates - Halifax - Toronto (YYZ) Oct 24-28

https://www.thrifty.com/Deals/Intern...=&SearchParam=
Already included in the first thread! Thanks for posting, though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.