FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rental Car Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rental-car-discussion-745/)
-   -   Dollar Discount Codes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rental-car-discussion/449064-dollar-discount-codes.html)

Project Jul 2, 2005 8:29 pm

Dollar Discount Codes

After searching thorugh the overpriced Hertz, Thrifty, Avis & Budget websties, I am finding that for BOS that Dollar is comparable to the others (even when they have special codes/promos added). Does anyone have a valid promo code for Dollar?

Ramomatic Jul 18, 2005 6:29 pm

NO not in a while

scoobiedo Sep 2, 2005 1:28 pm

I found this code today...

Go to dollar.com and click on specials or try this direct link: PROMO CODE: RF01

Poutine Sep 11, 2005 9:26 pm

That promo code doesnt work because the special they have now is the lowest rate( or so they say). I have an intermediate booked oct 11 for 1 week in Ft. Laud and its 186 all in( tax, fees, etc)

I need an infant car seat and I dont see that option.

gateways Oct 1, 2005 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Poutine
That promo code doesnt work because the special they have now is the lowest rate( or so they say). I have an intermediate booked oct 11 for 1 week in Ft. Laud and its 186 all in( tax, fees, etc)

I need an infant car seat and I dont see that option.

any promo code?

Thank you

gateways Oct 1, 2005 5:58 pm

I find some prom code

CD# BJ5013 One Car Class Upgrade
CD# BJ3010 10% Off Time and Mileage
CD# BJ3014 10% Off Full Size Rental

scoobiedo Oct 10, 2005 7:37 am

Dollar Promo Code: FF05

That code took an extra $10 off a full-size rate I already have reserved.

This discount is the "Friends and Family discount for 2005".

kaysquare Oct 12, 2005 2:41 am

Hi all,

I apologise if you are offended by me posting in here and National. But I would like to check the SOP for these rentals.

Would certainly like to use some codes for car rental in Dec in LA and Seattle and save some money. However, I do realise that these corporate/discount codes require some sort of affiliation.

While I understand that they don't check IDs/coupons for some codes, I am worried about getting into 'trouble' with these codes. Well, put it simply, these codes might be for for alumni/associations in US. I'm not a US resident, and I'm 24 (which puts me in the underaged category).

A good example is FF05 posted by scoobiedo. That code is a Walmart affliate code. So now wondering how often and how strictly do they enforce/check the codes/coupon eligibility?

So could someone please point me in the right direction to which codes are usable and apply to the general public and not some club/alumni/union?

Thanks a lot.

kaysquare Oct 12, 2005 3:00 am

Originally Posted by scoobiedo
Dollar Promo Code: FF05

That code took an extra $10 off a full-size rate I already have reserved.

This discount is the "Friends and Family discount for 2005" and is connected to a Wal-Mart credit card. Not sure how often Dollar requires the customer to show that credit card though.

I've keyed in this code. It says Dollar employee's family and friends discount. brought down only 8 dollars of my rate.

Update:
RF01 is invalid now.

scoobiedo Oct 12, 2005 6:26 am

Thanks kaysquare. Through Dollar I tried reserving again and the FF05 Code now says "Family & Friends". I'll edit my previous post.

firstclass Oct 18, 2005 7:33 pm

I've been using the "com24" which brings compact rates down to $24.99 and intermediates to $29.99. I find Dollar is at least 50% less than Hertz on most rental quotes and have been using them more often for leisure travel.

todd-r Oct 30, 2005 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by gateways
CD# BJ3010 10% Off Time and Mileage

Thanks for that! Any idea who the CD belongs to?
Does Dollar check/ask for company credentials?

flyingfriar Oct 31, 2005 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by todd-r
Thanks for that! Any idea who the CD belongs to?
Does Dollar check/ask for company credentials?

See
http://www.dollarcar.com/programs_se.../bjs_club.aspx

Seems to be for members of BJ's which is like Sams. Code is good for 10% off on UK rentals. Not sure if they ask for a card at the location where you are renting, but I have never been asked for one yet.

awtravel Nov 1, 2005 6:18 pm

Try this code: TIRR. It's for Interline rate.

scoobiedo Nov 2, 2005 6:52 am

Originally Posted by awtravel
Try this code: TIRR. It's for Interline rate.

What is Interline and is this an employee discount? I tried using that code but get the message "No Matching Specials Found".