Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Insurance claim vs credit card claim

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2022, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Insurance claim vs credit card claim

So I was recently involved in a collision in a rental car with another vehicle. The insurance for the other driver has accepted 100% fault and states that they will cover damages. Is it worth opening a claim with my credit card rental car coverage (CSR) just in case, even though they may not need to cover anything? Can I start a claim with them and then abandon the claim or cancel it if the other insurance company covers everything?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Daedalus7
So I was recently involved in a collision in a rental car with another vehicle. The insurance for the other driver has accepted 100% fault and states that they will cover damages. Is it worth opening a claim with my credit card rental car coverage (CSR) just in case, even though they may not need to cover anything? Can I start a claim with them and then abandon the claim or cancel it if the other insurance company covers everything?
There's no harm in initiating a claim with your credit-card insurer. If you learn, before the deadline for completing the claim, that the rental company has been made while, then you can just abandon your claim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.