Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Alamo US Daily Getaway Certificates Expiry

Old Apr 27, 2021, 6:40 pm
Vay
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat.

I noticed ever since Alamo gave their website a face lift. My Alamo certificate now expires on May 15th. Since COVID I haven't been able to use them. Anyone else have the same problem? My certificates were purchased in 2019.

Thanks,
Vay
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 6:15 am

welp...

Originally Posted by Vay
Since COVID I haven't been able to use them. Anyone else have the same problem? My certificates were purchased in 2019.
...I have had no problem whatsoever, using the 2019 certificates in question...
Old Apr 28, 2021, 12:37 pm
Vay
Original Poster

Originally Posted by randix
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:52 am

any free ways of procuring certificates?
Old May 1, 2021, 6:52 pm
Vay
Original Poster

Here's what Alamo had to say. Besides the certificates expiring, rentals did not require a Saturday night keep before.

Thank you for choosing Alamo for your car rental needs! My name is Camilla. I will be happy to help you today.

The terms and conditions for the free day coupons are as follows: Description

TNA0299

VALID FOR CAR CLASSES INDICATED AT PARTICIPATING

ALAMO LOCATIONS. SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY,

BLACKOUT DATES AND CAPACITY CONTROL. MINIMUM AND

MAXIMUM RENTAL DAY REQUIREMENTS APPLY. WEEKEND

RENTALS REQUIRE A SATURDAY NIGHT KEEP. WEEKLY

RENTALS MUST BE FOR 5 OR MORE DAYS. STANDARD

RENTAL QUALIFICATIONS APPLY. MINIMUM RENTAL AGE

AT MOST LOCATIONS IS 25.

TAX0299

CERTIFICATE VALUE DOES NOT INCLUDE TAXES,

GOVERNMENTALLY AUTHORIZED SURCHARGES, LICENSE

RECOUPMENT FEES, CONCESSION RECOUPMENT FEES

(UP TO 20% US / 20% CAD), OPTIONAL LOSS DAMAGE

WAIVER, OR OTHER OPTIONAL ITEMS.

Coupon ID:XXXXXXXXX

Coupon Description:ALAMO USTA DISCOVER AMERICA

Coupon Type:Currency off

Comment:$50 OFF

Serialize Coupon:Y

Quantity Issued:1

Quantity Used:0

Reservation #:

Rental Ticket #:

Coupon Loyalty:

Minimum Rental Length:1

Maximum Rental Length:330

Expiry Date:2021-05-15

Overnight Required:N

One Way Allowed:B

Guaranteed Upgrade Flag:Y

Excluded Areas:ALCA; ALEUR; ALLACAP; EXNYCSJ;

Car Classes Allowed:XXAR; ECAR; CCAR; ICAR; SCAR; FCAR; PCAR; LCAR; EDAR; CDAR; IDAR; SDAR; FDAR; PDAR; LDAR; CFAR; IFAR; SFAR; PGAR; MVAR; FFAR; PFAR; FVAR; SPAR; PPAR; SSAR; STAR; FJAR; SXAR;

Coupon Value:50.0

Max Quantity:1

Paper or Electronic:E

Apply Capacity:N

Threshold Flag:N

Earliest Rental Date:2019-05-13

Latest Rental Date:2021-05-15

Earliest Reservation Date:2019-05-13

May be combined with Coupon Type:CO;

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Camilla

Alamo Customer Service
Old May 2, 2021, 2:33 pm

how do you get certificates?
Old May 2, 2021, 6:16 pm
Vay
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
how do you get certificates?
US Daily Getaways. However with them applying expiration dates on it now. It might not be worth it. I still have 4 unused certificates expiring in less than 2 weeks. There was no mention of the expiration on US Daily Getaways and the email received from Alamo for the certificates. I am getting screwed over by them. I may not be renting from them ever again.
SinglePapa2 likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Vay
US Daily Getaways. However with them applying expiration dates on it now. It might not be worth it. I still have 4 unused certificates expiring in less than 2 weeks. There was no mention of the expiration on US Daily Getaways and the email received from Alamo for the certificates. I am getting screwed over by them. I may not be renting from them ever again.
can't find it; is it still going?
Old May 4, 2021, 12:53 pm
Vay
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
can't find it; is it still going?
Only offered once a year.
https://www.ustravel.org/programs/daily-getaways
Old Jun 17, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: Everything
They are a pain in the butt to use. I regret purchasing them.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:28 am

Programs: WN A+/CP
None of the terms during the purchase and on the certificate itself state an expiration date. Has anyone been able to get the certificate reissued?

Thank you for purchasing an Alamo Rent A Car Certificate. Please follow the instructions below to ensure your valuable coupon becomes a rewarding experience.
1. Make reservations by contacting Alamo via the web at [size=12px]www.alamo.com[/size] or call 1-866-626-9102.
2. When booking online please input the unique Coupon Code and the Contract ID shown above. If reserving by phone, please provide the Coupon Code to the
a. Up to three (3) certificates may be combined per Alamorental when booking by phone by calling 1-866-626-9102. Only one (1) certificate per reservation is permitted online.

b. The face value of the certificate will be applied to the total base rate of the entire rental and may not be applied to taxes, other governmentally authorized or imposed surcharges, license recoupment/air tax recovery and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel. additional driver fee, one-way rental charge or optional items, which are the responsibility or the renter.
Please Note:

Certificate can only be used once and any unused portion of the certificatewill be forfeited, and no residual credit or refunds will be issued if the Certificate is not fully used.

Certificate valid only at participating U.S. locations.

Any reservations that can not be completed with a rental must be cancelled otherwise certificate is invalidated.
Terms and Conditions:

Valid contract ID and certificate required for all rentals. Certificate may only be used once and is void upon redemption.[size=12px] [/size]Dollar Denominated certificate valid for the rental of any size vehicle. Offer subject to standard rental conditions. 24-hour advance reservation required. Subject to availability, and valid at participating locations in the United States. Certificate is not valid on open or previous rentals. Face value of certificate will be applied to total base rate for the entire rental period but excludes taxes (including GST), other governmentally-authorized or imposed surcharges, license recoupment/air tax recovery and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, additional driver fee,

one-way rental charge or optional items, which shall be the responsibility of renter. Check your auto policy and/or credit card agreement for rental vehicle coverage. Certificate is not valid with any other offer, certificate, discount or promotional rate but you may combine up to three separate Dollar Denominated certificates per rental. When using more than one (1) Dollar Denominated certificate, reservations must be made by calling 1-866-626-9102.[size=12px] [/size]Any unused portion of the certificate will be forfeited, and no residual credit or refunds will be issued if certificate is not fully used.[size=12px] [/size]Certificate is not exchangeable, refundable, transferable or redeemable for cash. Certificate void if damaged, defaced, reproduced, bought, bartered or sold for cash. Cash value 1/100. Void where prohibited. Alamo and Drive Happy
Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
I am now in this boat, too. Tried to use one yesterday and was told it was expired, and I said that was impossible. What a bad experience. Yeah they were hard to use before but I guess they just stole our money now?
Old Jul 10, 2021, 11:01 am

My personal experience and opinion...

1. They have always been EASY to use.

2. You had TWO YEARS to use the few certificates you were permitted to purchase. The statement that they "stole our money" is ridiculous. Geesh.

3. If you had questions re their expiration, you could have reached out to Alamo, as did others who did so, going back to 2019 when they were last issued.

Doesn't appear that US Daily Getaway is going to happen in 2021 either (like 2020), despite an encouraging brief post on their site some time ago.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP
If a company expired your miles, points, or flight voucher without notification, I think you would have a problem.

It's is ridiculous and likely against consumer protection laws to unilaterally impose new terms to an agreement and not provide those new terms to to other party and let them accept or opt out. I personally would not have purchased the certs if there was ANY expiration on the coupon.

With current rates, it would hard to use the coupon any time soon. I filed a compliant more out of principal than the money. https://www.ago.mo.gov/app/Complaints/Consumer

600 Corporate Park Dr. St. Louis, MO 63105
​314-512-5000.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:46 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
2. You had TWO YEARS to use the few certificates you were permitted to purchase. The statement that they "stole our money" is ridiculous. Geesh.
Can you point out where you saw it was good for two years? I purchased a few of them in 2015 and saw no expiration. Used them when I was traveling and bought again in 2016 before my travel ceased. Been sitting on 2 more certificates for years and was never told an expiration date either before purchase, after purchase, or when Alamo decided to change the terms.

There are laws about gift cards not expiring. The statement that you don't think my money is stolen is to me ridiculous.

I always look for Alamo rentals when I am pricing in hopes I can use these certificates I have been holding. I finally saw a comparable rate on a trip, and when I applied the certificate is when I found out about this expiry issue. I am returning the car tomorrow so we'll see if a station manager can sort it out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.