Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

FL & AZ driveouts are still planned as normal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FL & AZ driveouts are still planned as normal?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
All of the above happen to be terrible pricing = double the price, compared to a German company rates OUT OF FL. Too bad they claim that all of their Euro car models are up for sale rather than rent. lmk what u got
Actually, the reservation I have is an outstanding rate compared to what I had booked previously. Literally, it's over $800 cheaper because Avis matched Alamo's drive-out deal for my (potential) one-way trip out of Florida.

By the way, your German company may or may not have a better deal. But, that deal is entirely irrelevant if your pick-up and/or drop-off locations don't have Sixt offices.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Actually, the reservation I have is an outstanding rate compared to what I had booked previously. Literally, it's over $800 cheaper because Avis matched Alamo's drive-out deal for my (potential) one-way trip out of Florida.

By the way, your German company may or may not have a better deal. But, that deal is entirely irrelevant if your pick-up and/or drop-off locations don't have Sixt offices.
May not? Show me any other Co that comes close in pricing ANY class from Compact to Premium/Luxury SUV
Old Apr 15, 2020, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Wow! It seems Sixt just started a FL driveout, including the chance to return to Battery Park in Manhattan. This seems to be available until the end of May.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

May not? Show me any other Co that comes close in pricing ANY class from Compact to Premium/Luxury SUV
I think he was trying to say that is useless if there is no office in your destination city. Then, it doesn't matter how cheap it is, since there is no place to bring the car.

-J.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Wow! It seems Sixt just started a FL driveout, including the chance to return to Battery Park in Manhattan. This seems to be available until the end of May.
so does waiting/riding off-airport shuttle SAVE airport fees?
Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:51 am
Original Poster

What seems unusual is that Sixt in Battery Park still only shows Cadillacs to reserve online, but seems to be able to accept one-ways from the FL driveout in all the usual categories. So, where do those cars then go?
Old Apr 15, 2020, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
What seems unusual is that Sixt in Battery Park still only shows Cadillacs to reserve online, but seems to be able to accept one-ways from the FL driveout in all the usual categories. So, where do those cars then go?
FL cars didn't arrive to BPC yet...
As to Euro-brands, I was told they're only being sold (no matter what my reservation stated). If they do rent somebody one, kindly lmk! I'm still in FL thru 4/26
Old Apr 15, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Never thought of them either lol. They run efficient 10min shuttle off MCO's lower level at both terminals (are my airport charges saved by that?) For some reason, this XT5 has no navigation?? Can someone advise I could Bluetooth Iphone's googlemaps via CarPlay...They immediately brought me some basic Garmin in a dusty pouch, and said "no charge" lol. But I'm dreading using it
Carplay is not wireless.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
Carplay is not wireless.
IPhone plugs into USB (like charging), and Bluetoothes Googlemaps to my Caddy display+speaker, right?
Old Apr 19, 2020, 8:27 pm

No thanks. I honestly don't care if you believe me or not.
GW McLintock, kxc262 and m907 like this.

Last edited by writerguyfl; Apr 23, 2020 at 3:13 am Reason: Changed "car" to "care". (It wasn't a pun.)
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
No thanks. I honestly don't car if you believe me or not.
not a matter of beliefs. Matter of price, which is lowest on this carrier in the current FL driveout
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:21 am

No plan to take them up on generous offer; but this landed in my Inbox as "1-day only to consider":

Hi there,are you enjoying your rental car and would like to keep it a bit longer? We have good news for you: you can do exactly that.

Today only, we're offering you an exclusive Deal to keep your car and drive it for another 4 weeks or even for a few months - you decide 😉. This offer has a starting price of just $79/ week.

How do you get this deal? Just follow the link above and a SIXT representative will be in contact with you shortly to go over the details.

Affordable prices for premium vehicles Flexible rental duration Add selected extras on the phone Fast and easy sign-up

Your advantages:

LOOKING FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU,
Your SIXT Team

www.sixt.com

* Offer valid for pay on arrival rentals. Customers must follow the link on this page in order to redeem the offer. This offer applies only to the daily base rate. This offer is valid for reservations with pickup between March 9, 2020 and June 30, 2020 that have a length of rental between 28 and 365 days. All taxes, fees, surcharges, and other extras are not included in this offer. Offer is only valid for reservations made at participating SIXT locations in the USA. *Delivery is only available when the delivery address is within 10 miles of a SIXT station. Reservations are made for a car category, not a specific car model, and are subject to availability at the time of pickup. Prices displayed already include the discount. Extras (e.g. additional protection packages, baby seat, GPS etc.) are excluded from the offer. Cancellation fees and route restrictions may apply. Holiday and other blackout periods may apply. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other promotions or corporate rates, which are excluded from this offer. Renter must meet SIXT age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location and car category. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. Offer subject to change without notice. All rentals and reservations are subject to SIXT’s rental information & terms and conditions.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 1:34 pm

Anyone know if drive-out if low rates would further stack with this up to 45% off pre-payment offer received by email:

BOOK NOW FOR LOW SUMMER PRICES
AVAILABLE ONLY FOR A LIMITED TIMEThe discount will be automatically applied. Terms and conditions apply.

HOW TO SAVE WITH THIS OFFER:

To book with this offer on desktop, simply enter your preferred SIXT branch, and the pick up and drop off date you desire in the booking engine at the top of this page. After selecting Book Now, the vehicle options with discounted prices will be presented. On mobile, click the Book Now button on this page and then fill in your preferred SIXT branch and pick up and drop off dates. For more information on this offer, please see the information below.

THIS OFFER INCLUDES:

• Up to 45% off on our premium fleet
  • Book by May 31, 2020 for rentals through September 30, 2020
  • Length of rent: 3-27 days
  • Valid for prepaid rentals only

BUSINESS OR LEISURE, SIXT HAS YOUR MOBILITY NEEDS COVERED IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE.

Founded in 1912, SIXT has quickly grown into Germany’s largest and best-rated car and van rental company. With over 2,200 locations in over 100 countries, SIXT is now the world’s 5th largest car rental provider and has earned international acclaim for its award-winning service. The fleet of over 220,000 vehicles ranges from sedans and SUVs to convertibles and specialty cars, among them over 50,000 German premium and luxury vehicles.

Terms & conditions:
Offer valid only for prepaid rentals. Customers must make their reservations from this page in order to redeem the offer. This offer applies only to the daily base rate. This offer is valid for reservations booked between April 22, 2020 and May 31, 2020 for rentals occurring between June 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020 with a length of rental of 3 to 27 days. All taxes, fees, surcharges, and extras are not included in this offer. Offer terms and conditions differ based on country*. Offer is only valid for reservations made at participating SIXT locations in the US and worldwide. Reservations are made for a car category, not a specific car model, and are subject to availability at the time of pickup. Prices displayed already include the discount. Extras, (e.g. additional protection packages, baby seat, GPS etc.) are excluded from the offer; Cancellation fees and route restrictions may apply. Holiday and other blackout periods may apply. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other promotions or corporate rates, which are excluded from this offer. Renter must meet SIXT age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location and car category. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. Offer subject to change without notice. All rentals and reservations are subject to SIXT’s rental information & terms and conditions.

Please note that the discount may differ based on destination country:

Switzerland, France, Monaco and Italy:
Up to 35% discount

Austria, the UK and Spain:
Up to 25% discount

Belgium, Luxemborg, the Netherlands:
Up to 15% discount

Other countries worldwide:
Up to 20% discount
Old Apr 25, 2020, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Anyone know if drive-out if low rates would further stack with this up to 45% off pre-payment offer received by email:
What happens when you try to book it?
Old Apr 27, 2020, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
What happens when you try to book it?
I did 1000mi in FL, and a 1000mi today to return it. I'm not trying the above, but maybe someone would(?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.