Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK - Alamo Pickup Truck passengers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:26 am
Original Poster

JFK - Alamo Pickup Truck passengers

Does anyone know about the Alamo full size pickup (F150 or similar) at JFK? I am looking for a car that can take 6 passengers but dont want to pay a small fortune for a mini-van. Ive rented this class pickup truck in other places and they have always had 6 seats. The alamo website says it is 4 passengers, though I know that is wrong any way you slice it they are always 5. So, anyone know my chances of getting a something with 6 passengers in this class? Do they have a few to choose from or will this be the only truck they have there when I show up?

Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:55 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

None of the rental pickups I've seen in at least 5 years have 6 seats. They all have 2 in the front and 3 in the back. This includes F150, Sierra, Tundra, Titan, Ram and Ridgeline. I'm not even sure if they are made with the bench in the front anymore.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 1:10 am
Original Poster

I rented out of San DIego about a year ago twice. Got a 6 seater Ram the first time and a 6 seater F150 the second, but that was from enterprise and they tend to have nicer vehicles. Usually the front has a fold down console in the middle and if you can find the secret latch it folds up and you have a third seat in the middle.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 2:43 am

I think it goes by how many seat belts are inside
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by natesba
Usually the front has a fold down console in the middle and if you can find the secret latch it folds up and you have a third seat in the middle.
Yeah, this. Until a year or two ago the fleets were like 100% 6 seaters, but the new body style Rams are 5 seaters. Since those are a big portion of the National/Alamo pickup fleet it might be 50-50 or 40-60 between 5/6 seaters these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.