Budget would Not honor my reservation

Old Nov 9, 19, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Budget would Not honor my reservation

I reserved a car at BUF using AutoSlash/Priceline link,for my wife her flight arrived at 1130pm Budget would not honor the reservation,the reason they gave was the reservation was made while we were on vacation in New Zealand and they told my wife they would NOT honor the reservation unless she had a New Zealand drivers license but would rent her a car for about $200 more. I called both Priceline as well as Budget and was talking to Reps in the Philippines who could do Nothing for her In the mean time all the car agency's shut down for the night,I called Autoslash and they want me to send more info to them but at least they showed some concern. My wife ending up staying the night at the airport and rented a car the next day in Niagara Falls.Budget Suks,I have also tried calling the Budget office at the Buf AP but keep getting the Budget National line
Old Nov 9, 19, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by thebug622 View Post
I reserved a car at BUF using AutoSlash/Priceline link,for my wife her flight arrived at 1130pm Budget would not honor the reservation,the reason they gave was the reservation was made while we were on vacation in New Zealand and they told my wife they would NOT honor the reservation unless she had a New Zealand drivers license but would rent her a car for about $200 more. I called both Priceline as well as Budget and was talking to Reps in the Philippines who could do Nothing for her In the mean time all the car agency's shut down for the night,I called Autoslash and they want me to send more info to them but at least they showed some concern. My wife ending up staying the night at the airport and rented a car the next day in Niagara Falls.Budget Suks,I have also tried calling the Budget office at the Buf AP but keep getting the Budget National line
Hertz has a similar policy:

"Renters who have indicated a country of residence outside of the US will be required to present a non US issued drivers license and a non US issued passport OR an international airline ticket at the time of rental to qualify for the rate."

Did the booking channel you used ask about the renter's nationality? If not, the booking agency probably (wrongly) assumed that your wife was a New Zealand resident, entitled to New Zealand resident rates for those renting in BUF. If that's what happened here, Budget is not at fault.

Did your reservation confirmation say anything about what documents were needed for the rental?

​​​​​

Search this Thread