FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rental Car Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rental-car-discussion-745/)
-   -   SIXT - Lincoln MKZ vs Mercedes CLA 250 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rental-car-discussion/1989895-sixt-lincoln-mkz-vs-mercedes-cla-250-a.html)

michaelpa Oct 3, 2019 12:22 pm

SIXT - Lincoln MKZ vs Mercedes CLA 250

Hi all!

I am currently long-term renting a premium car through SIXT. I got the 2019 Lincoln MKZ, which is a really nice car. The thing is that it has always been a dream to "own" a Mercedes, and I have the chance to do so now.

The MKZ has a lot of extras, such as adaptive CC, lane departure assistance etc. but I am not sure what I would get with a CLA.

Does anyone have experience with SIXT and their CLA's? I tried reaching out and asking, what model it would be (the 2020 CLA got a new infotainmentsystem, and I would really love that, compared to that ugly tablet-looking-thing), but they say that they cannot guarantee the model, nor any extra equipment.

Thank you!

m907 Oct 4, 2019 4:53 am

I've never rented with Sixt but most Mercedes rentals in the U.S. seem to be barebones with few options.

I would not get tied up in the dream of owning a particular brand just because it's a prestigious brand. The CLA250 is pretty mediocre by most accounts.

Schweden Oct 4, 2019 3:30 pm

If your dream is to drive a barebones CLA, you can rent one by the hour directly from Mercedes with Car2Go.

carlosnunez.dfw Feb 6, 2020 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by michaelpa (Post 31590635)
Hi all!

I am currently long-term renting a premium car through SIXT. I got the 2019 Lincoln MKZ, which is a really nice car. The thing is that it has always been a dream to "own" a Mercedes, and I have the chance to do so now.

The MKZ has a lot of extras, such as adaptive CC, lane departure assistance etc. but I am not sure what I would get with a CLA.

Does anyone have experience with SIXT and their CLA's? I tried reaching out and asking, what model it would be (the 2020 CLA got a new infotainmentsystem, and I would really love that, compared to that ugly tablet-looking-thing), but they say that they cannot guarantee the model, nor any extra equipment.

Thank you!

CLAs are Mercedes-Benz’s take on the Honda Civic. A Civic might actually be better.

I hate that car. Rented it with Car2Go.

If they are offering the base model, you’ll get blind-spot warning and auto air con. That’s it. Oh, and paddle shifters, which actually make the car a little more fun.

Conversely, the MKZ is a fancy Fusion Titanium, which is an amazing car; several leagues above the CLA, IMO.

carlosnunez.dfw Feb 6, 2020 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Schweden (Post 31594652)
If your dream is to drive a barebones CLA, you can rent one by the hour directly from Mercedes with Car2Go.

Car2Go is exiting the US market