Enterprise car rental shenanigans

Old Sep 11, 19, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Question Enterprise car rental shenanigans

Recently I booked a small SUV for one day from Enterprise at Philadelphia Airport to go to Wayne, PA a distance of 20 miles after returning by Air from Berlin. The booking was made a couple of days before, with the rental to end locally in Wayne, basically a one way rental. I got email confirmation about the same and the pickup was very efficient and we returned home in the rental. The charge was 60 USD at the Airport even though the confirmation showed 140 USD as the charge and I suspect an error by the agent to not include the drop off fee. I did confirm the one way rental and also gave him the address of the local agency.

It should have ended well. Unfortunately the local Manager demanded 240 USD as the remainder of the rental fee as he claimed the money paid at the Airport was a deposit to reserve the car. I refused and spoke to Enterprise customer Service who were also taken aback by this demand. The Airport agency was contacted and today I got a receipt with zero amount due and no mention of the drop off fee. I do have a printed copy of the reservation showing the one way rental.

Should I be worried about the local branch taking money from my CC on file ? In that case I will call AMEX and let them know. Would this be the end of the matter? I will obviously pay any drop off fee as I expected to if they ask for it.
Old Sep 13, 19, 12:14 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Youíve got the original confirmation as proof of the total price in the event you have to dispute any additional charges, though I agree it is a hassle. I assume this is a franchise rather than corporate location? Iím looking forward to hearing how this is resolved.
Old Sep 13, 19, 12:55 pm

In the US, Enterprise doesn't franchise. All are corporate.
strickerj likes this.
Old Sep 13, 19, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Don't do anything. All you need is the original email showing the $140 quote and the zero balance receipt. The rest is immaterial. There is nothing to let Amex know about as nothing has happened.
Old Sep 13, 19, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite
***BEWARE** They may charge you for damage you were not responsible for. VIDEO inside and outside of vehicle before driving away. Absolutely the worst car rental experience of my life. Very unprofessional staff.

Search this Thread