Florida Drive In 2019

Old Dec 9, 19, 6:57 am

last chance reminder: if you seek to capitalize on drive-in daily rate of approx. $9, your rental must start before midnite TODAY. You then have 2 weeks, before checking-in anywhere in FL! (I find that the lowest daily rate is on rental of exactly 13 days). Good luck!

if anyone sees occasional "unannounced" lo one-way to FL rate (yet this winter), kindly lmk. For my pre-Xmas trip from NYC, I managed to grab $37 Spirit fare southbound, and $39 Jetblue fare Northbound - so NOT driving. But I might need Xmas drive-in, and pre-PresidentDay drive-in in Feb. I've never personally seen such late winter opportunities; but Auto Enthusiast has; let's hear - should it show this winter. I'm dumbfounded how everyone but the Hertz-group would end up with no drive-in program this whole winter...Hoping to catch Enterprise-group rates, so that to rack up a few 1-2-F points
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 9, 19, 10:10 am

The Enterprise group rates had come much earlier and on shorter notice this year. It was also more expensive, at $18/day plus tax.

Where I live, I noticed a sudden increase in a large number of cars parked helter skelter all over the nearest Enterprise locations, around Sept/Oct. Many seemed older and worn, with out of state plates. This was soon followed by the drivein to FL and the Piedmont South (ex Charlotte). Approximately 2 weeks later, the excess cars were gone, and the drivein rates disappeared.

If this area receives an unexpected increase in the number of inbound one-ways, such as after a snowstorm, or during a holiday season, it could happen again. Watch it closely with AutoSlash.
SinglePapa2 likes this.

Last edited by Auto Enthusiast; Dec 9, 19 at 4:10 pm
Old Dec 9, 19, 4:21 pm

Dollar/Thrifty still has availability. Pick up from any NYC airport, return to any FL airport. Fullsize is $15/day plus tax. Max 2 weeks. Latest pickup seems to be Sat Dec 21, which means latest return is currently Sat Jan 4.
SinglePapa2 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 19, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
Dollar/Thrifty still has availability. Pick up from any NYC airport, return to any FL airport. Fullsize is $15/day plus tax. Max 2 weeks. Latest pickup seems to be Sat Dec 21, which means latest return is currently Sat Jan 4.
interesting; whoever tries Thrifty (as opposed to Dollar, Thrifty is running a hell of a promo thru 12/31 to reward any rental with 1 future free day) - see if 10% or 15% code works. I'd love to ascertain which. It seemed I got 15% off my first rental
Old Dec 30, 19, 9:22 pm

not sure: is anyone showing any drive-in rates anymore?

Last edited by SinglePapa2; Dec 30, 19 at 11:00 pm
Old Jan 20, 20, 7:38 pm

could the lack of drive-ins this year (aside from Hertz group) be that others took delivery of new fleet IN FL?
Old Jan 24, 20, 10:42 am

I had National drive in to Florida in September. And Alamo drive in specials in October, November, and December. October and November were out of Manhattan, December was out of Boston.
Old Jan 24, 20, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by nd2010 View Post
I had National drive in to Florida in September. And Alamo drive in specials in October, November, and December. October and November were out of Manhattan, December was out of Boston.
good to hear. I need one in February, from any company! lol
Old Feb 9, 20, 8:06 pm

delete

Last edited by SinglePapa2; Feb 14, 20 at 9:23 am
Old Feb 14, 20, 9:22 am

bumping...any drive-in observed for last week of Feb?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: