Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Retroactively get points for Rental Car Companies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium

I was wondering if it was possible to retroactively claim points for Rental Car Companies like Hertz, National, or Enterprise.

I recently booked a rental car with three companies last week but never signed up with them as a member. I was wondering if anyone had experience of making an account with them now, and then retroactively asking to get my past reservation posted and get their points?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
The overall answer is "yes", however, there may be some exceptions. You should check each company's website to confirm (I was able to find Hertz's info on retroactive credit in under a minute).

Personally, I prefer to price shop for each of my rentals via airline FF/hotel sites, book with whomever has the lowest price and take the airline/hotel miles. I don't rent enough to earn meaningful points with the car rental companies and certainly don't want to be tied down to one or two as I find the prices are dramatically different across car rental agencies. YMMV.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, it should be very easy to do this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by bosman
Personally, I prefer to price shop for each of my rentals via airline FF/hotel sites, book with whomever has the lowest price and take the airline/hotel miles. I don't rent enough to earn meaningful points with the car rental companies and certainly don't want to be tied down to one or two as I find the prices are dramatically different across car rental agencies. YMMV.
​​​​​​​Love this advice - thanks so much!
Old Aug 24, 2019, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Not hard to retro claim miles, but you will find that many car rental / airline combinations have bonus promotions that require the use of specific codes.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Please follow the redirect as we relocate your query.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.