Budget/Hertz in Berlin Tegel Airport

Old Aug 20, 19, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Budget/Hertz in Berlin Tegel Airport

I am planning to rent a car at Tegel Airport in Berlin from either Budget or Hertz. Would I be able to rent a car from them and not pay the 30 dollar per day collision/damage waiver insurance? I would like to use the insurance that comes with the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card. I tried this a few years ago at Dollar/Thrifty at Duesseldorf Airport, and they would not allow to rent without buying their insurance. Has anyone done this recently with Budget or Hertz in Tegel?
Old Aug 30, 19, 5:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, NK, WN
It depends on the type of reservation you have. Most European rental car reservations include some type of CDW insurance. If you want to use your Chase Sapphire insurance (I have the same card), you need to make sure you don't have ANY CDW insurance included in your reservation. The drawback using your Chase Sapphire may be the car rental company requiring an authorization on your car for the full value of your rental car. It may be even around 30,000 EUR or more so make sure you have enough funds available on your card for this hold authorization.

Search this Thread