FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rental Car Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rental-car-discussion-745/)
-   -   Discount codes for car rentals - no preferred company (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rental-car-discussion/1980579-discount-codes-car-rentals-no-preferred-company.html)

mncrichter Jul 28, 2019 8:01 pm

Discount codes for car rentals - no preferred company

Hi-I appreciate this safe place for newbies to post as I am new to this (and any) forum. I've been trying to book a rental car in South Dakota at the Rapid City airport; however, I can't find a decent rate. I searched online for discount codes and several sites referred to flyertalk as being the best source for codes. I am not particular about rental companies although I started with Hertz because of their connection to Delta Skymiles, but that isn't critical. Would somebody be so kind as to direct me to current car rental discount codes? Thank you.

(Mod note: this was originally posted in the Aegean Airlines forum, in a flame free thread.)

Knobbgb Jul 29, 2019 1:24 am

Originally Posted by mncrichter (Post 31352879)
Hi-I appreciate this safe place for newbies to post as I am new to this (and any) forum. I've been trying to book a rental car in South Dakota at the Rapid City airport; however, I can't find a decent rate. I searched online for discount codes and several sites referred to flyertalk as being the best source for codes. I am not particular about rental companies although I started with Hertz because of their connection to Delta Skymiles, but that isn't critical. Would somebody be so kind as to direct me to current car rental discount codes? Thank you.

This isn't the right place to post. Although it's a 'flame-free' topic, it's specifically for issues regarding Aegean Airlines. I guess a MOD will know where to put this. Anyway, welcome to FlyerTalk and do come back here if you ever get chance to visit Greece!

cestmoi123 Jul 29, 2019 6:27 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk! My recommendation is to request a quote from Autoslash (autoslash.com). Their system actually searches all those combinations of rate codes and coupon codes to find the best options. No connection to them personally, but have been a happy user of the service. Also, it's free.

IAHtraveler Jul 29, 2019 9:03 am

Agree to what cestmoi123 says. Other options are to scrounge the internet for codes you're allowed to use (corporate code, travel companies, etc) and try for your specific dates/times/location. There's so much variability in rental rates, that one cannot just say "use XYZ for a great rate" and it's good across the board, unless its an employee rate that won't get you a car anyway.

mncrichter Jul 29, 2019 9:32 am

Oops! I wish I were going to Greece instead of South Dakota. Thank you all for your patience with a newbie.

GW McLintock Jul 30, 2019 4:35 pm

I’d just try searching with Autoslash.com... you’d probably have the best shot getting a cheap rate (with any company) through them.

-J.

travellingwithnoidea Dec 12, 2022 6:44 pm

I would suggest you to go with Rentcarla.com... Probably you will find the best deals with promo code "AUREVOIR20". It is not a public code but i had no issues it gives 20 percentage off.