Priceline Car Reservation and AAA Member

Old Jul 11, 19, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Question Priceline Car Reservation and AAA Member

I booked a car via priceline using autoslash at hertz. When I log into my hertz account, I can't add my reservation to my account. Now while checking AAA rates I read that as a member I get free usage of a car/baby seat. Does this mean I get this perk because I am AAA member or because I booked my car rental via AAA? When I show up at hertz will I be able to say I have AAA and get the seat with the rental?
Old Jul 11, 19, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, Marriott PLT, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Is your reservation made by express deal?

AFAICT - if you book through Priceline, unless your reservation is post-paid (i.e. cancellable), you lose all perks regardless.
Old Jul 11, 19, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung View Post
Is your reservation made by express deal?

AFAICT - if you book through Priceline, unless your reservation is post-paid (i.e. cancellable), you lose all perks regardless.
Didn't prepay just reserved via priceline.
Old Jul 11, 19, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, Marriott PLT, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by cloves View Post
Didn't prepay just reserved via priceline.
Confirm no prior payment and free to cancel?

In this case, you either have to book through AAA or the rental company using the specialized code assigned to AAA members for the benefits. You won't be able to use the Priceline rate.
Old Jul 11, 19, 3:30 pm

In order to get the AAA benefits at Hertz you need to use a AAA CDP number. Priceline/Direct shouldn't matter. You can look up your reservation on the Hertz website and see which CDP was used. If it's not AAA, you could cancel and rebook with a AAA code.
Old Jul 12, 19, 6:23 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Contact our support team ([email protected]) and they should be able to help you make sure your Hertz# and the AAA discount code are applied to your reservation. You need to have the AAA discount code applied for the free car seat benefit.