Advantage Rent A Car discount code / promo

Old Jul 11, 19, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Talking Advantage Rent A Car discount code / promo

I discovered this code from a reply on another thread and thought it should be included. Advantage Rent A Car is offering 20% off and a free additional driver using the promo code "GAYTRAVEL" and anyone who supports the LGBT community can use it. I just used it myself and it works great. Thanks to OP.
Old Jul 15, 19, 12:09 pm

thanks, this is awesome!! I just saw this at a Pride event and was wondering about it
Old Jul 15, 19, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

just a heads up, it seems like this code only works booking directly. just got a PM
Old Jul 15, 19, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I use this code regularly and have done for the past couple of years. It is a great code but be warned, I have had to fight about the additional driver charge every single time. And the people at my one regular location know me and I still have to fight to have the fee waived. Every single time it involves getting a supervisor, showing them a screenshot from their own website that shows the free additional driver when using the gaytravel code and, after half an hour of arguing, they finally remove it as a one-time courtesy.

They even claim that the free driver is onIy valid for the month when I took the screenshot or, if I have a current one, that it wasn’t valid when I booked. Every single time. There has not been one rental where I haven’t had to argue it. I now go prepared with a fresh screenshot and one from the month I made the reservation and a saved email right from Advantage showing the benefits of the code, although they have rejected the email too, saying it was only good for that particular month.

I have always been successful in having the additional driver fee waived but this has happened at least a dozen times over the past year and a half. All booked directly with Advantage using my account. So be ready for a fight and be prepared.
Old Jul 15, 19, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

what locations have you used at / what is your regular location joc? i had no problem at MCO

Originally Posted by Finkface View Post
And the people at my one regular location know me and I still have to fight to have the fee waived. Every single time it involves getting a supervisor, showing them a screenshot from their own website that shows the free additional driver when using the gaytravel code and, after half an hour of arguing, they finally remove it as a one-time courtesy.
Old Jul 15, 19, 6:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Fluffy_Tourist View Post
what locations have you used at / what is your regular location joc? i had no problem at MCO
Regular location is HNL. Had the same problem at 2 other locations.
Old Jul 30, 19, 3:57 am

Hi all, I am an international renter, wanting to rent car from Advantage.

However at the postal code part, I couldn't enter my own country's postal code. Any other way to go about it?
Old Jul 30, 19, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by behyx View Post

However at the postal code part, I couldn't enter my own country's postal code. Any other way to go about it?
Choose a different rental car company. You'll be glad you did...
cestmoi123 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 19, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by behyx View Post

Not sure as I have never tried to book internationally. I have not had a bad experience with their customer service though, so I would try calling their customer service number and ask.
Old Aug 7, 19, 8:06 am
Suspended

Booked full size car from priceline at Advantage LAX, they tried to give me Hyundai Elantra and claimed it as full size .

Search this Thread