Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Alamo "online check-in" - guarantee of vehicle available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat

We're landing at LAS July 5, and if expedia, kayak, etc. are to be believed there is high demand that weekend. The prices reflect that as well. After having a bad experience around Christmas at SAN (no cars whatsoever), I am a little nervous, particularly because this time we are a party of 6, so we must have a minivan or full-size(ish) SUV.

Alamo has a decent rate, slightly discounted if one pays beforehand.

1. Does prepaying make it any more likely that the class of vehicle would be available when I show up.
2. Does the online check-in help in that regard? Or do I run the risk of going straight to the garage, only to find out there is no vehicle for me.

I'd appreciate any input and suggestions about the online check-in process as well.

Last edited by bambinomartino; Jun 20, 2019 at 11:38 am
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:57 pm

My 1c answer...

Originally Posted by bambinomartino

1. Does prepaying make it any more likely that the class of vehicle would be available when I show up.
2. Does the online check-in help in that regard? Or do I run the risk of going straight to the garage, only to find out there is no vehicle for me.

I'd appreciate any input and suggestions about the online check-in process as well.
1. no
2. no

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.