Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

One way car rental from Milan to Lyon or the other way around

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Hi,

All price offers I find from the regular car rental companies seem to be very expensive due to the one way fee..
Any tricks here? Anyone knows an option I can take?

Thanks,
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:54 am

Another useless thread.

AutoSlash.com
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:26 am

Cross border one way rental in Europe will always include a very hefty one way fee. The car need to be returned to the country it is registered in at some point. Despite both these countries being in the EU, re registering the vehicle is not simple - it's a complicated process requiring lots of official forms (and possibly taxes), which is why the car need to be repatriated.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:19 am

The re-registration would be a pain for the buyer at the end of the car's time in rental service. It's not like, for example, an ex-rental car with NC plates that gets decommissioned at an auction in NJ, and the person who later buys it on a used car lot merely has to convert the title.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.