Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Silvercar and car seat availability -- what happens if no car seat?

Old May 24, 19, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold

We are looking at doing a reservation with Silvercar in PHX in October 2019. First time using them....and first time requesting a car seat. I understand that car seat availability is not guaranteed ....but since we will be flying into PHX , what happens if there is no car seat available? Perhaps I should confirm on landing that there is a car seat available BEFORE we take shuttle to Silvercar...and if nothing available, then we will need to cancel and book with another car rental place that may have a car seat. Would be such a hassle. Any advice/tips?
Old May 24, 19, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If they can't guarantee a car seat while other car rental agencies at PHX can, why not just use a company that guarantees the car seat? Problem solved.
Old May 24, 19, 8:29 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Why not just make a (non-prepaid) backup reservation at another company and call Silvercar when you land to confirm they have a car seat available? If they do, proceed as planned to Silvercar and cancel your backup reservation. If not, tell them you want to cancel and proceed to use your backup reservation. Problem solved.
dayone and bitterproffit like this.
Old May 24, 19, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
Why not just make a (non-prepaid) backup reservation at another company and call Silvercar when you land to confirm they have a car seat available? If they do, proceed as planned to Silvercar and cancel your backup reservation. If not, tell them you want to cancel and proceed to use your backup reservation. Problem solved.
I wouldn't cancel the other reservation until you're actually in the car and have an acceptable car seat.
Old May 24, 19, 9:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA MileagePlus, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by doss1 View Post
We are looking at doing a reservation with Silvercar in PHX in October 2019. First time using them....and first time requesting a car seat. I understand that car seat availability is not guaranteed ....but since we will be flying into PHX , what happens if there is no car seat available? Perhaps I should confirm on landing that there is a car seat available BEFORE we take shuttle to Silvercar...and if nothing available, then we will need to cancel and book with another car rental place that may have a car seat. Would be such a hassle. Any advice/tips?
Contact their support team, they can add one to your reservation. Done this 2x now.
Old May 27, 19, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thanks, guys. I contacted Silvercar about this and they stated that they can add a car seat to the reservation, but it still won't be guaranteed as it's a first-come, first-serve.
Old Jun 3, 19, 11:27 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
You're only about 10-12 mins from a Target or Walmart at that location, so if for some reason they don't have one, you could pick one up and be back in 30-35 mins. Probably cost less than renting one for several days as well. Assumes of course there are at least two adults in your party.

Search this Thread