Pickup rental at Enterprise

Old Mar 29, 19, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Pickup rental at Enterprise

I'm looking to book from an Enterprise neighborhood location, and reserving a pickup will be cheaper than compact car. But I don't need/want a pickup, and I doubt any location in the city actually carries a pickup. If they don't have it, will they assign me a car instead, at the same rate?

In the past I've had situations where they didn't have my reserved car class (another neighborhood location), so they had upgraded me to Full Size cars. But they also charged an upgrade fee for it, which was shady, but only a few bucks more each time, so I didn't bother complaining. The difference this time is more than $40, so I'd rather be sure what their policy is in case pickup or similar class vehicles aren't available.

Any help is appreciated.
Old Mar 29, 19, 11:13 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

Yes, they will assign you something else if they don't have a pickup available. It could be anything though from an economy car to a minivan to an SUV. It just depends on what they have available at the time you arrive.
Old Mar 29, 19, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
Yes, they will assign you something else if they don't have a pickup available. It could be anything though from an economy car to a minivan to an SUV. It just depends on what they have available at the time you arrive.
will they change the rate? in my past experiences with intermediate/standard car reservations at neighborhood locations, if they didn't have my reserved class they either downgraded me or upgraded me, but for a fee. also, they'd "redo" the contract, taking off the corporate id that i'd used during reservation and adjust the rate manually to match original quote (before charging an upgrade fee).
Old Mar 29, 19, 11:29 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

If they don't have the vehicle you booked then they should provide you with something else-- at no extra charge. They should not charge you an upgrade fee unless you specifically asked for something else. If they try that complain. If they still give you a hard time, tell them you want the contacting information for the district manager and start escalating.

Just be sure that you're authorized to use any corporate discount code that you apply. You don't want them to have an excuse to deny you the rate you originally booked.
trooper and strickerj like this.
Old Mar 30, 19, 3:39 am

Programs: NZ *G
I had the OPPOSITE experience... which was great fun... had a pretty standard 4 door sedan booked from MLU (West Monroe LA) On arrival at the booth sized rental desk the young man had some initial difficulty finding my reservation... made through a European consolidator... Once he DID find it he looked at the small, old fashioned "key board" and asked "Would y'all take a truck?" I said "sure" Expecting a Ford Ranger type of vehicle.... nope... 4 door F-250. lol...
strickerj and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Mar 31, 19, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the replies. i've decided to rent from another company for a little more because i don't want them to stick me with an economy car. they actually gave me a fiat 500 on an intermediate reservation in the past, and when i emailed a complaint to enterprisecares, they did nothing.
Old Apr 7, 19, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Your mileage may vary. Hertz is better in some cities. Enterprise is better in some cities. The individual locations vary within a city. I moved not too long ago and Hertz was the better option by far but not so much so in the new home. In the new home all of the options at the airport are terrible and much more expensive.

The current rental was booked as a small truck (Nissan Frontier) but after endless frustration the location produced a large truck (Dodge Ram extended cab). I really didn't want a large truck. The staff babbled on about the free upgrade and I informed the staff the price was the same for either a small truck or a large truck. Despite renting from the location previously the situation continued to be odd at best. I request a call from the district manager via corporate customer service ultimately.

Search this Thread