Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advantage Specialty cars @ LAS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Advantage Specialty cars @ LAS

What are the "specialty" cars @ Aadvantage car rental @ LAS?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:25 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Advantage has specialty cars?

Per their website, if you put in LAS, the only options are compact/economy/intermediate/full size/standard/minivan/intermediate SUV.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:27 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Maybe you mean the class known as XXAR (Special Special Car)? This generally denotes a compact car or higher. A number of other rental companies use the same designation.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Geesh...

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Maybe you mean the class known as XXAR (Special Special Car)? This generally denotes a compact car or higher. A number of other rental companies use the same designation.
Sorry, I'm not crazy. Autoslash sent me a price quote for a car at LAS and it included a quote for a "specialty" car which I accepted AND booked. I just wanted to know if I'm getting a pickup or a 25 seat limo. So don't tell me there's no such thing as a "specialty" car at Advantage at LAS. Sigh... why does [almost] everything in life have to be a hassle? Rhetorical... see attachments FROM MY RESERVATION THRU AUTOSLASH.

Note the word "specialty", no I'm not nuts

Note the word "specialty", no I'm not nuts
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

And I might add, before booking this "specialty" vehicle with Advantage as a result of my making a new price request with Autoslash, I booked THRU AUTOSLASH a reservation with Fox at a higher price... when I went to try and cancel the Fox reservation through the Autoslash link, there was NO cancellation option. I emailed Autoslash who said, oh yea, we know, it's a bug, there is no cancellation option, we're trying to get it fixed. They gave me a phone number to call to cancel it, which I did with no issue.

So excuse me if my fuse is a bit short
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:22 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Yes, as per our previous post it's classed as XXAR or which according to the ACRISS specification is a Special Special. Many rental companies use this designation to denote a compact (or intermediate) car or larger, so it literally could be almost anything they have on the lot. Thrifty calls it Wild Card, Dollar calls it Lock Low & Go or Manager's Special, Alamo calls it Drive Happy Deal.

It's pretty much the same at Advantage. See screenshot from their website:

Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Bummer, I was hoping for a 25 seat limo.
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.