Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Enterprise weekend deal - certain locations excluded?

Enterprise weekend deal - certain locations excluded?

Old Jan 31, 19, 5:41 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BNA
Programs: AA Gold, National Executive, IHG Gold
Posts: 704
Enterprise weekend deal - certain locations excluded?

Iím trying to do a new reservation at a neighborhood enterprise location with the weekend deal where itís 9.99 per day Friday pickup and Monday drop off. It tells me the rate is unavailable for the weekend deal.

Iíve rented from this location many times before using the weekend deal rate, does anyone know why itís now not available? Can locations opt out of this program?
MSP_Monopoly is offline  
Old Jan 31, 19, 6:02 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SFO/MCI
Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,456
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly View Post
Iím trying to do a new reservation at a neighborhood enterprise location with the weekend deal where itís 9.99 per day Friday pickup and Monday drop off. It tells me the rate is unavailable for the weekend deal.

Iíve rented from this location many times before using the weekend deal rate, does anyone know why itís now not available? Can locations opt out of this program?
Try some other branches. My 2 nearest Enterprise branches are not honoring the rate.
However, you might be able to negotiate with the branches. I've done that before and was able to get $10/day for the weekend special for a premium car with unlimited miles (branch wanted my business to hit quota).
kxc262 is offline  
Old Jan 31, 19, 6:28 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 21,454
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly View Post
Iím trying to do a new reservation at a neighborhood enterprise location with the weekend deal where itís 9.99 per day Friday pickup and Monday drop off. It tells me the rate is unavailable for the weekend deal.

Iíve rented from this location many times before using the weekend deal rate, does anyone know why itís now not available? Can locations opt out of this program?
Is the special not available on any weekend at that location, or just a particular weekend? Lots of Enterprise locations do not participate in the weekend special, particularly locations which have high demand for weekend rentals. And by the way, the weekend special rate went up: It is now $12.99/day.

If there is a Hertz Local Edition location, check there, as some Hertz locations now offer a similar deal.
guv1976 is offline  
Old Jan 31, 19, 7:32 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 866
I've found...

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly View Post
Iím trying to do a new reservation at a neighborhood enterprise location with the weekend deal where itís 9.99 per day Friday pickup and Monday drop off. It tells me the rate is unavailable for the weekend deal.

Iíve rented from this location many times before using the weekend deal rate, does anyone know why itís now not available? Can locations opt out of this program?
Those deals have been less and less available, and the rates are now much higher. I use to take frequent advantage of the promotion, don't think I've done it in well over a year, cause each time I look, it makes no "cents"...
randix is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 7:55 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 71
Enterprise weekend special is back, for any one who is interested. Details are in the link. It seems same as last time. Valid till 5/20/20. There are times when I find it very useful, other times not so much. Depends on individual circumstances. YMMV.
Hopefully, Hertz will come out with it too, soon. BTW, you can book these specials through AutoSlash too, while exploring other options offered by them.

https://www.enterprise.com/en/car-re...-specials.html
Auto Enthusiast and AutoSlash like this.
sanmandude is online now  
Old Aug 21, 19, 11:32 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 21,454
Originally Posted by sanmandude View Post
Enterprise weekend special is back, for any one who is interested. Details are in the link. It seems same as last time. Valid till 5/20/20. There are times when I find it very useful, other times not so much. Depends on individual circumstances. YMMV.
Hopefully, Hertz will come out with it too, soon. BTW, you can book these specials through AutoSlash too, while exploring other options offered by them.

https://www.enterprise.com/en/car-re...-specials.html
Note that Enterprise is no longer advertising a fixed price for the Weekend Special. I'm seeing $12.99/day in Iowa, and $21.99/day on Long Island (NY) for the same three-day weekend in September.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
guv1976 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 11:38 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 520
$21.99/day in sf bay area
Travelchurner is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 5:39 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 71
I did not know that. I do know that not all locations offer the weekend special in any given area. Even the ones that do, may not do so on some weekends.
sanmandude is online now  
Old Aug 22, 19, 5:21 am
  #9  
Company Representative - Autoslash
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,644
Can anyone provide a specific location/dates where they see this promo working? We were just testing it now using this page on Enterprise.com, every single search came back with:

No vehicles are available at this promotional rate. Please see our other vehicles for best available rates.
It was working previously but seems to have been disabled now AFAICT.
AutoSlash is offline  
Old Aug 22, 19, 6:32 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: JFK LGA PBI BOI
Posts: 534
Where in Long Island, sure doesn't work or ever has in NYC might be worth the trip out there if close to queens.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Brighton Line is offline  
Old Aug 22, 19, 8:42 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
Can anyone provide a specific location/dates where they see this promo working? We were just testing it now using this page on Enterprise.com, every single search came back with:



It was working previously but seems to have been disabled now AFAICT.
I tried just now for 9/14-9/16 for a 12 pm pickup/return & I see the weekend special rates for this random location I checked. I didn't check other locations.
Pick up Location:
371 N Gary Ave, Carol Stream, IL, 60188, US
sanmandude is online now  
Old Aug 22, 19, 8:48 am
  #12  
Company Representative - Autoslash
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,644
Originally Posted by sanmandude View Post
I tried just now for 9/14-9/16 for a 12 pm pickup/return & I see the weekend special rates for this random location I checked. I didn't check other locations.
Pick up Location:
371 N Gary Ave, Carol Stream, IL, 60188, US
Thanks. We found a location in Dallas where it worked as well. It seems like itís still active, but they have limited the number of participating locations of late.
AutoSlash is offline  
Old Aug 22, 19, 12:27 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 21,454
Originally Posted by Brighton Line View Post
Where in Long Island, sure doesn't work or ever has in NYC might be worth the trip out there if close to queens.
For the weekend of September 13-16, I'm finding the deal at Glen Cove ($12.99/day), and at Hicksville ($21.99/day). There's more frequent LIRR service to Hicksville. But you can also get to both towns from Queens by NICE (Nassau County) bus if you've got more time than money.
AutoSlash likes this.
guv1976 is offline  
Old Aug 23, 19, 6:42 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: JFK LGA PBI BOI
Posts: 534
Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
For the weekend of September 13-16, I'm finding the deal at Glen Cove ($12.99/day), and at Hicksville ($21.99/day). There's more frequent LIRR service to Hicksville. But you can also get to both towns from Queens by NICE (Nassau County) bus if you've got more time than money.
Thanks that is the weekend I'm looking for and LIRR to Hicksville is perfect!
AutoSlash likes this.
Brighton Line is offline  
Old Aug 23, 19, 7:47 am
  #15  
Company Representative - Autoslash
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,644
Originally Posted by Brighton Line View Post
Thanks that is the weekend I'm looking for and LIRR to Hicksville is perfect!
Go one station further (Syosset) and you can get the $12.99/day deal.

I'll do you one better... Check out this deal in the Bronx. Can't really beat that!
AutoSlash is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread