Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Enterprise weekend deal - certain locations excluded?

Enterprise weekend deal - certain locations excluded?

Old Aug 23, 19, 10:21 am

Wow! That's an SUV, with unlimited miles, as well!
Old Aug 24, 19, 10:02 am

quick question, cuz a friend just reserved the above deal - but he knew nothing of ONE TWO FREE. I suppose, this qualifies for 200 points if on your dashboard.

But can he just now register for 1-2-F, and give his Emerald# at pick-up? Or should he register first, and then re-book? And for 1-2-F points, does a Priceline booking qualify?
Old Oct 6, 19, 12:31 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Is there a certain time by which the car has to be returned Monday to qualify for this? For instance if you take the car 4:30 PM Friday then return it 4:30 PM Monday, is there some reason why the first two days of the rental are the 12.99 then Monday goes as an "Extra Day" at 24.99?

My reservation with the above noted times showed all 3 days at 12.99 then when the employee at the site processed it there was this odd change and extra day charge. The employee claimed there was nothing they could do about it as they cannot change rates (I know that is not true).

Changed it to an earlier drop off Monday (before Noon) and the rate fell down to the 12.99 for all 3 days. I was watching the screen the entire time as the system was processing all of this.

Always some kind of issue when dealing with Enterprise. I don't know why it always goes so smoothly with National and Alamo, yet for some reason Enterprise itself...
Old Oct 6, 19, 5:32 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Originally Posted by storewanderer View Post
Is there a certain time by which the car has to be returned Monday to qualify for this? For instance if you take the car 4:30 PM Friday then return it 4:30 PM Monday, is there some reason why the first two days of the rental are the 12.99 then Monday goes as an "Extra Day" at 24.99?

My reservation with the above noted times showed all 3 days at 12.99 then when the employee at the site processed it there was this odd change and extra day charge. The employee claimed there was nothing they could do about it as they cannot change rates (I know that is not true).

Changed it to an earlier drop off Monday (before Noon) and the rate fell down to the 12.99 for all 3 days. I was watching the screen the entire time as the system was processing all of this.

Always some kind of issue when dealing with Enterprise. I don't know why it always goes so smoothly with National and Alamo, yet for some reason Enterprise itself...
The terms and conditions for the weekend special just say pickup on Friday and return on Monday. There are no times listed at all.

You probably could have just rented at the higher price and then opened a case via email with Enterprise to have them adjust if they priced it at $12.99 per day originally and you have a confirmation email showing that. They are usually pretty good about that stuff as it was clearly their error here.
Old Oct 6, 19, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
The terms and conditions for the weekend special just say pickup on Friday and return on Monday. There are no times listed at all.

You probably could have just rented at the higher price and then opened a case via email with Enterprise to have them adjust if they priced it at $12.99 per day originally and you have a confirmation email showing that. They are usually pretty good about that stuff as it was clearly their error here.
I thought of that too, that was plan B if for some reason changing the time did not get it to the 12.99 rate. Wondering if the employee (this is one of those one employee operation Enterprises with a few vehicles) did something to try to get their numbers up or what. Tough to believe an extra $12 matters to them but when they are so low volume maybe it does.
Old Oct 9, 19, 11:52 pm

How long does it typically take for National Emerald Club status/credits to update after an Enterprise "neighborhood" rental is returned?
Old Oct 10, 19, 7:44 am

@storewanderer, Mine have usually shown up within 48 hours of return. About 10-15% of the time, they don't show up & I contact customer service, after giving it 10 days or so. That gets it taken care of.

Search this Thread