Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dollar/Thrifty eToll settlement

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Dollar/Thrifty eToll settlement

I saw this today

Dollar Rent a Car and Thrifty, car rental companies owned by Estero-based Hertz, reached a court agreement with the Florida attorney general for adding charges to customers for cashless tolls throughout the state.

The investigation revealed that Dollar and Thrifty did not make it clear that customers would be charged an additional $15 per cashless toll. Customers could rack up $105 in additional charges.

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/39834081/hertz-car-rental-companies-reach-a-settlement-on-misleading-toll-fees
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:16 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Link in article to claim form is incorrect. That was a different case of non-disclosure of Avis, Budget, and Payless e-Toll Charges from 2017 LOL. Here is the correct one for Dollar/Thrifty.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:48 pm

Now...

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Link in article to claim form is incorrect. That was a different case of non-disclosure of Avis, Budget, and Payless e-Toll Charges from 2017 LOL. Here is the correct one for Dollar/Thrifty.
if some attorney general would just go after "resort" fees; obviously it ain't goin' be the Nevada AG...
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.