Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Returning car Sunday pm instead of Monday am

Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor

I have booked a pay-at-counter rental car in Paris, starting on a Friday morning and ending on Monday morning. The rate I locked in is very attractive.

Now my plans have changed somewhat and I will likely return the car on Sunday pm, i.e. less than 24h prior to the original return date booked, but (crucially?) on an earlier calendar day.

If I reprice the reservation with the new times, the price is about 25% higher.

What happens if I just pick up the car on my existing reservation and then return it early? Given that I am within the last 24h increment, does the agency have any grounds to retroactively change my rate? I.e., can they force me to pay more for less rental time?

Thx.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:54 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You should be fine returning early. You'd still be on a weekend rate plan and it sounds like it will still end up being a 3-day rental since once you pass the 2nd or 3rd hour on Sunday from the time you picked up on Friday morning, you will accrue the 3rd day. You should be fine and your rate should not change. I wouldn't worry about it.
airoli likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:19 am

Presumably you are using an airport location? City centre locations are likely to be closed on Sundays.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Yep, CDG.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.