Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Silvercar Promo Codes ... are they eligibility-verified?

Old Jan 11, 19, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

So, I signed up for Silvercar just now in advance of a rental in FLL next month. Got a referral code for $25 entered into the system so I assume I'll get that after the rental (how does that come, a credit on my account? Actual cash back... if so, what form?).
I was able to find a promo code for 1 day off a 2 day rental and 2 days off a 4 day rental online, and the system accepted it and gave me a dramatically lower estimated rate on the confirmation. This was stacked with that referral code.

I also have a CSR, so could have used the Visa Infinite 20% off promo code (they dont appear to stack), but this Audi one was more lucrative in my case.

The question is... does Silvercar have any way of verifying I'm an Audi owner? Didn't appear to ask that/disclaimer in T&C on rental reservation, not sure how they would at the pickup at FLL... and for that matter... using the Visa Infinite code (if i did), couldn't you just use that code (readily available online) and not have a Visa Infinite card?
- an example is I have a Hertz discount code for Amex Platinum, that I use regularly, but never pay with my Amex PLatinum, but I get the discount/late rental return privileges.
Old Jan 11, 19, 11:16 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by levilevi View Post
I was able to find a promo code for 1 day off a 2 day rental and 2 days off a 4 day rental online, and the system accepted it and gave me a dramatically lower estimated rate on the confirmation.
Do you mind sharing those codes?
Old Jan 19, 19, 1:17 pm
jg3

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Choice PLT, UA Gold.
Not OP, but they are myaudi1 and myaudi2.
https://www.silvercar.com/partners/myaudi/
Old Feb 25, 19, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Update: finished a rental in FLL, not even mentioned once
Old Mar 5, 19, 8:33 am
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by jg3 View Post
Not OP, but they are myaudi1 and myaudi2.
https://www.silvercar.com/partners/myaudi/
Is there any kind of requirements to use these codes? I don't want to show up and the price jump up since I don't own an Audo
Old Mar 5, 19, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

have used twice, nothing ever said
Old May 6, 19, 6:35 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Plat., UA, NZ
Just updating this thread, both the MYAUDI1/2 and AUDIPB1/2 codes no longer work. Audi owners can still get a discount by logging in through the myAudi site.
Old May 6, 19, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

interesting... i made a reservation with those a few weeks ago for July.. I assume they will be honored.
Old May 13, 19, 11:26 am

Programs: UA GS, SPG Gold, Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by BbTrumpet View Post
Just updating this thread, both the MYAUDI1/2 and AUDIPB1/2 codes no longer work. Audi owners can still get a discount by logging in through the myAudi site.
Codes were just changed - new codes are AUDIPBFREEDAY and AUDIPBFREEDAY2
Old May 13, 19, 12:43 pm

It's probably a way to stop the "abuse" of discount codes by customers not being targeted. Too late. The secret is already out, haha.
Old May 23, 19, 6:50 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
I'm not sure about whether posting codes here to set off an arms race between FT and Silvercar is wise.

Nevertheless, if you are an Audi owner, booking through myaudi.com can get you better rates than using these codes. I just booked two trips and got a better deal than I would have by using the codes.
Old Nov 5, 19, 9:45 am

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
VISAINF20 no longer valid

Anyone having issues getting the VISAINF20 code to work anymore? I keep getting an error message that it expired Nov 2, and Silvercar appears to not have come up with a replacement code for Visa Infinite cardholders.
Old Nov 6, 19, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by JLSocks View Post
Anyone having issues getting the VISAINF20 code to work anymore? I keep getting an error message that it expired Nov 2, and Silvercar appears to not have come up with a replacement code for Visa Infinite cardholders.
Still works for me, but it looks like they’ve updated the terms and car must be reserved and paid for with VISA Infinite card.
Old Nov 7, 19, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Just made a res using it this morning
Old Nov 10, 19, 4:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Non-Audi owners can sign up for the Audi Club of North America as an "Associate Member". Looks like some Silvercar perks available. I would feel better about using those 2 free day promo codes vs booking from the myaudi.com website if you're a non Audi owner.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: