What is Airport Location Fee at AKL?

Old Dec 19, 18, 1:38 am
Original Poster

What is Airport Location Fee at AKL?

Hi. Renting a car at AKL airport the company proposes to buy the Airport Location Fee (optional). What is that?

Last edited by estut; Dec 19, 18 at 1:50 am
Old Dec 25, 18, 3:39 pm

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL DM (sigh) MM(!), HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by estut View Post
Hi. Renting a car at AKL airport the company proposes to buy the Airport Location Fee (optional). What is that?
What's the actual amount associated with the fee?

FWIW I don't see this on the US site trying to book at AKL, and the enumerated fees are NZ$46 for concession recovery, NZ$57.50 for after hours pickup, 2.53% for credit card payments, and 15% tax.

Otherwise the only thing I can think of is it's somehow an indicator of where to pick up the car (domestic vs international terminals), but that should be keyed from the flight arrival information...
Old Dec 26, 18, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your response. I got an answer from nzrentacar.com: "Yes this Airport location fee is what we get charged by the Airport to pick you up in the shuttle area. Airports have got very good at charging people for extra's." So far I understand it is just for picking up, not to drop off.... Cheers!
Old Dec 26, 18, 7:42 am

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL DM (sigh) MM(!), HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
For future reference, you posted to the Hertz forum, so my response was specific to Hertz, which does not use a rental car shuttle at AKL. I've never used NZ Rent a Car. Amusingly they appear to also apply a credit card surcharge, so I guess they're just as good as charging people for "extras" as the airport is...
estut likes this.
Old Dec 26, 18, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks Bennos. I didn't notice it was a Hertz forum. Apologize! I'll have a look around for other companies in AKL. Cheers.
Old Dec 27, 18, 10:41 pm
Moderator, Hertz
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
As this isn't Hertz specific, I moved the thread to the general rental car discussion.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
Old Dec 28, 18, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks Jason. Happy 2019! Eric

Search this Thread