Wiki Posts
Search

Florida one way rental - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by klanfa
Enterprise, Alamo, and Budget are now down to $15 per day. Avis at $20 per day. Nothing from Hertz or National yet.
Yes, Budget is $15/day if you pay at the counter and don't use a discount code. But if you are entitled to use a discount code like AARP and are willing to prepay, you get ~ $11/day. And if your rental is long enough to cause the base price to exceed $100, you can also use the $10/$15/$25 off coupons found on the budget.com website.

Taxes/fees will usually be lower if you pick up the car from a non-airport location.
SinglePapa2 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Yes, Budget is $15/day if you pay at the counter and don't use a discount code. But if you are entitled to use a discount code like AARP and are willing to prepay, you get ~ $11/day. And if your rental is long enough to cause the base price to exceed $100, you can also use the $10/$15/$25 off coupons found on the budget.com website.

Taxes/fees will usually be lower if you pick up the car from a non-airport location.
Anyone noticed longest period allowed, and what earliest/latest dates are?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Enterprise, Alamo, and Budget are now down to $15 per day. Avis at $20 per day. Nothing from Hertz or National yet.
How are you getting this? Just trying out combinations on a booking site? I don't see anything in the "deals" sections except that $24.95 from Enterprise and Alamo.

UPDATE: Well, I played around with it a bit and coaxed $92.80 a-i for 4 days starting April 5 SRQ-ATL one-way from Alamo. Base was $15.52/day and it took the $10 coupon, and it also looks like it might stack with the Southwest offer, which adds $6 in junk fees but would earn 1,800 WN miles. Compact thru fullsize were the same price.

It might be beatable if we get more competition going. Hertz and Avis even have neighborhood locations near me that I've been able to use for drops before (one's a bus ride and the other walking distance). Am tying in with a $23.99 ATL-SRQ one-way on F9...the fares for that route have been good but the SRQ cars have been deal-breakingly outrageous.

Last edited by RustyC; Mar 4, 2019 at 12:46 am
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by RustyC
How are you getting this? Just trying out combinations on a booking site? I don't see anything in the "deals" sections except that $24.95 from Enterprise and Alamo.

UPDATE: Well, I played around with it a bit and coaxed $92.80 a-i for 4 days starting April 5 SRQ-ATL one-way from Alamo. Base was $15.52/day and it took the $10 coupon, and it also looks like it might stack with the Southwest offer, which adds $6 in junk fees but would earn 1,800 WN miles. Compact thru fullsize were the same price.

It might be beatable if we get more competition going. Hertz and Avis even have neighborhood locations near me that I've been able to use for drops before (one's a bus ride and the other walking distance). Am tying in with a $23.99 ATL-SRQ one-way on F9...the fares for that route have been good but the SRQ cars have been deal-breakingly outrageous.
F9?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
F9?
Frontier. Unfortunately route seems to end in April, but I had the same plan in mind of flying back from ATL after returning the car.
@RustyC Hopefully Hertz joins the party. Their rates are still very high, and I really don't think they're that good at managing their inventory. I hope they join and then we see $10/day base rates.
FWIW National seems to be joining at $25-27/day - not great but it's good to see more options indicating they indeed have to move cars, and that the rates should continue to decline. That being said, I'll definitely stick to Pay Later options.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:02 am

TY. There are variables besides daily rate. Who allows the longest periods, and who starts earliest dates/ends latest dates?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:04 pm

Where are you seeing this for Alamo? Not able to find it myself.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:57 pm

Alamo and Enterprise just lowered the rates to $10/day. I'm guessing others will follow soon
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:02 pm

Alamo and Enterprise just lowered the rates to $10/day. I'm guessing others will follow soon
Where are you guys seeing this lol, I can only find the old rates. Alamo, autoslash, costco etc.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by ebola 4
Where are you guys seeing this lol, I can only find the old rates. Alamo, autoslash, costco etc.
I tend to look at Priceline for an easy overview of all offers. Autoslash can then find coupons for the right dates.
EDIT: seems like rates aren't same across the state. $10 in RSW but $15 in MIA/FLL.

Last edited by klanfa; Mar 5, 2019 at 7:15 am
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Any new deals released? Thanks !
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by bergsey
Any new deals released? Thanks !
Use Priceline to do a general search and then Autoslash to find coupons and book. There are some deals around
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:06 pm

Use Priceline to do a general search and then Autoslash to find coupons and book. There are some deals around
Using this method I was able to locate Alamo full size vehicle. Pick-up off airport location and returning to O'hare 2 weeks later for $117 taxes in.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:36 pm

On Priceline MCO/TPA to ORD has $7 day rates up to full size car at Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty. Unfortunately, this rate starts on 14 April 2019 and not for earlier pick up dates. But the price war may be starting.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:27 am

That was my query: has anyone figured out the Earliest and the Latest date of the 2019 drive-out? And what Co. allows the most days (traditionally, the Enterprise group would allow up to 28 day cut-rate rental!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.