Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Florida one way rental - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
That was my query: has anyone figured out the Earliest and the Latest date of the 2019 drive-out? And what Co. allows the most days (traditionally, the Enterprise group would allow up to 28 day cut-rate rental!)
It really doesn't take much playing with Priceline to figure it out. Search MCO pick up, JFK/IAD return and change the rental duration, trial and error, takes a maximum of 10 minutes.
Hertz start is April 14/15, up to 2 weeks. Enterprise and Alamo seem to start as early as March 23, though I didn't check the maximum rental length.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by klanfa
It really doesn't take much playing with Priceline to figure it out. Search MCO pick up, JFK/IAD return and change the rental duration, trial and error, takes a maximum of 10 minutes.
Hertz start is April 14/15, up to 2 weeks. Enterprise and Alamo seem to start as early as March 23, though I didn't check the maximum rental length.
TY. I'm more interested in the latest allowable return. In 2018 drive-in, one could book up to 28 days at the rate of $58/week - but the moment one chose return after 12/17/18, the entire 28 days would morph to $300+/week!

So, what's the LATEST RETURN anyone sees at $7/day or whatever the drive-out rate? Any Co. go June?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:30 pm

IIRC the Hertz rates go into June. 14 day max.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
TY. I'm more interested in the latest allowable return. In 2018 drive-in, one could book up to 28 days at the rate of $58/week - but the moment one chose return after 12/17/18, the entire 28 days would morph to $300+/week!

So, what's the LATEST RETURN anyone sees at $7/day or whatever the drive-out rate? Any Co. go June?
Once again members have been providing advise for you to use to answer your questions. If you want someone to do all your research for you, go see a travel agent. Members provide advise. Members do not do your work or bookings.
Auto Enthusiast and klanfa like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:41 pm

Did some trial and error on the Hertz drive-out rates and found:

- Earliest pickup is May 22nd
- Must pick up by June 30th
- Must drop off by July 7th
- Max rental 14 days

(This is MCO->DTW, YMMV on other origins/destinations.)
SinglePapa2 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:36 pm

one way rental

I am a presidential circle member. I have a reservation for a full sized car from Mco to New Jersey. The price is coming up as 7.99 a day for the one way rental. When I land I want to choose my car from the presidential circle lot, if I choose anything greater than a full size will I lose my 7.99 a day rate?

Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:28 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Aryeh
I am a presidential circle member. I have a reservation for a full sized car from Mco to New Jersey. The price is coming up as 7.99 a day for the one way rental. When I land I want to choose my car from the presidential circle lot, if I choose anything greater than a full size will I lose my 7.99 a day rate?

Thanks
You can choose anything from the President's Circle Ultimate Choice section and you will not be charged anything extra. As long as it's in that section, even if it's a Minivan, Large SUV, Jeep, Convertible, whatever, you retain your originally booked rate.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
> Budget is $15/day if you pay at the counter

Its now $15/day online.
33141 to Austin TX 2-wks = $274 grand total full size...
anyone know if any other states besides
FL & AZ now offer one-way drive north
DEEP DISCOUNTS? Thanks in advance.

PS. how do I set up emailing of responses to my FT threads???
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:11 am

Sometimes Avis/Budget will offer a special from CA north to OR and WA.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
> Budget is $15/day if you pay at the counter

Its now $15/day online.
33141 to Austin TX 2-wks = $274 grand total full size...
anyone know if any other states besides
FL & AZ now offer one-way drive north
DEEP DISCOUNTS? Thanks in advance.

PS. how do I set up emailing of responses to my FT threads???
Without knowing your dates of rental, it's tough to know whether you're getting the best rate from Budget. Is the rate you are getting consistent at all Budget locations in the Miami area? Are you eligible to use any discount codes, like those from AARP, Entertainment Book, Costco, etc.? (Even if you're not yet 50, you can join AARP as an Associate member, and use the Budget/AARP discount code.)

Are you applying any of the dollars-off coupon codes which you can find on the "Deals" tab at budget.com, like MUWZ093, which takes $15 off a base rate of $125 or more?

Edited to add: See Post #16 in this thread.

Last edited by guv1976; Apr 17, 2019 at 1:03 pm
Old May 1, 2019, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
Without knowing your dates of rental, it's tough to know whether you're getting the best rate from Budget. Is the rate you are getting consistent at all Budget locations in the Miami area? Are you eligible to use any discount codes, like those from AARP, Entertainment Book, Costco, etc.? (Even if you're not yet 50, you can join AARP as an Associate member, and use the Budget/AARP discount code.)

Are you applying any of the dollars-off coupon codes which you can find on the "Deals" tab at budget.com, like MUWZ093, which takes $15 off a base rate of $125 or more?

Edited to add: See Post #16 in this thread.
very good instruction, I wish I would've paid attention to every tip here. But I didn't have the extra time, and just took Autoslash quote. I likely missed out on at at least a $15 coupon. Also, Avis's pop-up offers up to 30% discount for first rental. I wonder if there is a way of making that play by simply providing Avis a different email address(?)
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Any guesses on when the fall one-way rental rates will be released (pickup in northern states, return to Florida)?

Last edited by BangkokTraveler; Jun 10, 2019 at 11:30 am Reason: make question more specific
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
Any guesses on when the fall one-way rates (pickup in northern states, return to Florida) will be available?
If past practice is any guide, probably September or October. Starting date might also vary from one company to another.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by guv1976
If past practice is any guide, probably September or October. Starting date might also vary from one company to another.
Thanks. I reworded my question to be more specific, as I'm wondering when these rates might be *released" (i.e. July booking for October rental?)
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:21 pm

Sometimes the rates are quietly loaded a few weeks in advance of advertisements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.