Renting a van for a year?

Old Oct 14, 18, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Renting a van for a year?

I need a cargo van for a job I'll be doing for a year... Thought about buying a used one then selling in the end but thought to try and figure out if this can be more worthwhile if I rent instead ..

I remember the story about a guy who made millions of miles from renting a car everyday.

Anyhow, anyone with ideas or leads as to what could be a good way? Just trying to find best way to do it and then comparing and crunching numbers to see if it is worthwhile
Old Oct 14, 18, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bklgafly View Post
I need a cargo van for a job I'll be doing for a year... Thought about buying a used one then selling in the end but thought to try and figure out if this can be more worthwhile if I rent instead ..

I remember the story about a guy who made millions of miles from renting a car everyday.

Anyhow, anyone with ideas or leads as to what could be a good way? Just trying to find best way to do it and then comparing and crunching numbers to see if it is worthwhile
If you will need the van each and every day of the year, you're probably looking at a one-year lease.

If you won't need the van every day, you might look at daily or weekly rentals.

But what do you plan to do for insurance (third-party liability, and loss/damage to the van itself)?
​​​​​​
Old Oct 14, 18, 4:18 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

Renting a cargo van for an entire year from the retail arms of the major rental companies is probably not going to be cost effective. You're also not going to hit the mother lode of frequent flyer points, so I wouldn't even consider that a factor. Your best bet is to buy a used van or look for a one-year lease unless you will need it for a week here or a week there.

Search this Thread