Wiber Car Rental

Old Oct 2, 18, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Wiber Car Rental

Does anyone know the car rental agency Wiber? I booked a car through rentalcars.com and chose a car that would be handled by Wiber. This is at PMI Palma de Mallorca airport. I usually donít touch these unknown operators, avoiding Goldcar like the plague, but Iíve had mostly good experiences with rentalcars.com. While completing the booking I bought a full insurance package in case of damage or theft, even though I have a credit card offering full cover. The policy was sold by rentalcars.com and they sent a message saying to avoid any insurance hard sell tactics from the company.
Old Oct 2, 18, 4:54 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

They appear to be relatively new. They are off-airport via shuttle bus. Some complaints here about people being accused of damage and one per being charged a $40 "shuttle fee". It looks like there are at least a few shill commenters that are associated with the company in this thread so you need to keep the post count of the commenters in mind when deciding who/what to believe.

Keep in mind that the damage insurance is provided by rentalcars.com so they are likely to take a significant deposit on your credit card if you decline their insurance. Additionally, they are more likely to "find damage" on return so be sure to take lots of pictures before you leave the lot so you don't end up being accused of causing damage that was pre-existing. If they do hit you with a damage claim, you will have to pay for it on the spot via credit card and then submit a claim to rentalcars.com insurance carrier which can be a pain to deal with.

Search this Thread