Recent license renewal vs. rental

Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Recent license renewal vs. rental

Hello, I am going to rent a car in Mauritius. The small print says that my license needs to be at least one year old. Last year, I moved provinces within Canada. As a result, my current driver license card has an issue date of early 2018. The card will not be 1 year old at the time of rental, although I have been fully licensed for many years.

What is the best practice to deal with this situation?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:23 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

I wouldn't worry about it. I would be shocked if they even gave it a look, and even then, if it's clear you are not a new driver, I'm sure you'll be fine. If you have some proof of a previous license then feel free to bring it with you, but I'm sure you'll be fine without it. We've been in business almost 10 years and we've never once heard of someone being denied a rental because their driver's license was "too recent".
sokolov and KDS777 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
I wouldn't worry about it. I would be shocked if they even gave it a look, and even then, if it's clear you are not a new driver, I'm sure you'll be fine. If you have some proof of a previous license then feel free to bring it with you, but I'm sure you'll be fine without it. We've been in business almost 10 years and we've never once heard of someone being denied a rental because their driver's license was "too recent".
Thank you. Your service is great!

Sorry I could not use your offer for Mauritius, but I used Autoslash just last week on a last minute booking in Calgary. I didn't really need the vehicle, but the price you found me was so cheap that I took it. :-)
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
I have a similar problem, as my ON license is still less than a year old. I had a similar concern.

When I rented in the UK in August, I brought a photocopy of my old UK license to show continuity. I offered to show it to the agent, and he couldn't care less.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.