Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Avis VW Golf or Enterprise Corsa- big price difference

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles

I am flying to MANCHESTER U.K. airport Oct. 5 and returning the vehicle Oct. 17. As this is my first time driving on the left, it has been suggested I get an automatic transmission. I am traveling alone to the Lake District so I do not want a larger vehicle but then again do not want underpowered as I intend to drive the Wrynose Pass. Avis offers pre-paid a WV Golf for $370, Enterprise offers a pay at the counter Vauxhall Corsa 5 dr for $508, both automatics. Is there any reason I should not go with the Golf? That is a big difference in pricing.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by nanp
I am flying to MANCHESTER U.K. airport Oct. 5 and returning the vehicle Oct. 17. As this is my first time driving on the left, it has been suggested I get an automatic transmission. I am traveling alone to the Lake District so I do not want a larger vehicle but then again do not want underpowered as I intend to drive the Wrynose Pass. Avis offers pre-paid a WV Golf for $370, Enterprise offers a pay at the counter Vauxhall Corsa 5 dr for $508, both automatics. Is there any reason I should not go with the Golf? That is a big difference in pricing.
Well obviously it's the pre paid vs pay at counter. If the price goes down and you've pre paid you might be SOL (depending on the cancellation policy). Although I highly dislike Golfs (personal preference), it should definitely be a better car than a Corsa.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:10 am

Remember you are unlikely to get the example car - there is huge variety in UK fleets and you're likely to get the "or similar", not the example used in the advertising.
That said, a compact size (eg Golf) will be far better than an economy size (eg Corsa)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.