Picking up rental later than expected

Old Aug 22, 18, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Picking up rental later than expected

Hi all,

So long story short, back in February or so I booked a car for December from Budget and it was $177 with the expectation I'd be on a specific flight arriving at a specific time. The airline had changed the arrival time by about 4 hours and the price is still too high, so we're going to fly in to a different airport. If things went best case scenario we'd get there exactly at the pickup time, but I know that isn't the case.

Is it possible to pick up a rental car one or even two hours later than expected? When I phoned Budget about picking it up 4 hours early the guy told me I'd be charged a different rate (about $500 instead of the $177).

Does anyone have any real world experience with this?
Old Aug 22, 18, 9:19 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

You should be fine. Generally, the major reputable rental companies will hold a vehicle for at least 6 hours from the originally scheduled pickup time (often much longer). Based on our (extensive) experience, you should not have a problem. It's certainly not worth paying significantly more to change your pickup time by a couple of hours.
Old Aug 24, 18, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your help AutoSlash! Thatís the answer I was hoping for, and nice itís coming from an expert

Search this Thread