Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Searching for the best rental car loyalty program

Old Aug 5, 18, 6:49 am
Original Poster

First time posting in this forum, I have been looking all over the place for information so any help would be much appreciated.

I am a small business owner who travels all the time and up to this point I have been renting a car based on lowest price. After reading through this forum, I have decided that I need to become a member of a loyalty program. Problem is, I am not sure which one is best. Based on everyone's experiences, which company provides the best elite loyalty program? I want to make sure myself and my employees have a great experience when renting a car but I also want to gain rewards points in doing so, any advice as to which company/which loyalty program to go with is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Old Aug 5, 18, 5:29 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

Originally Posted by xgater08 View Post
First time posting in this forum, I have been looking all over the place for information so any help would be much appreciated.

I am a small business owner who travels all the time and up to this point I have been renting a car based on lowest price. After reading through this forum, I have decided that I need to become a member of a loyalty program. Problem is, I am not sure which one is best. Based on everyone's experiences, which company provides the best elite loyalty program? I want to make sure myself and my employees have a great experience when renting a car but I also want to gain rewards points in doing so, any advice as to which company/which loyalty program to go with is much appreciated.

Thank you,
I think you need to understand the difference between loyalty program and business rewards program as they are two separate things. You can join the business rewards program for Hertz and Avis and earn free rental days for you and your employee's travel. You can also join National's program and get a 5% discount on rentals, but you don't accrue free days through the business program (although you will through the individual program membership). These programs can be combined with your individual loyal memberships with each company.

As an individual renter (whether on business or pleasure), you can join each company's frequent renter program. National's program is generally considered to be superior to Hertz and Avis (primarily because of National's Emerald/Executive Aisle service), with Hertz running second (due to their newish Ultimate Choice service), and Avis last, although there are plenty of folks who will passionately tell you why one company's program stinks and their preferred program is better.

Our recommendation is to sign up for all 3 programs and then book whichever is lowest for your particular rental. As a small business, you're probably not going to generate enough volume to get any special discounts beyond the standard business discount, and signing up for each program will let you skip the rental counter, earn rewards, and get some sort of discount (although you'll generally do much better with AutoSlash), so not much downside to trying all 3 and either seeing which works best and/or is least expensive on a case-by-case basis.

Search this Thread